How long it takes for a staffs head to split (widen) Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by hayes_russ, Oct 31, 2006.

1. hayes_russ

hayes_russ New Member

Name:
    russ

How long it takes for a staffs head to split (widen)

hi i was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for a staffs head to split if atall
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    At about 7 months Gregs head seemed to get big over night! Im not sure if any splitting was involved:? ! That sounds painful!
  4. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    :shock: Crikey yeah sounds dodgy? Depends what did they hit their head on? :lol:
  5. hayes_russ

hayes_russ New Member

Name:
    russ
    i mean get wider sorry i was a bit vauge
  6. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    Shaygirl30 likes this.
    Im not an expert but I think it varies! Greg is 9 months now, he was growing and his head seemed way too small for his body, and then it seemd to get big over night! How olds your staff?
  7. sammymax

sammymax New Member

Name:
    Sammy
    Oh? so my little Lula's head might yet widen out properly? I'll be quite pleased if it does. Her neck is already thickening a lot but she looks like she's going to be a smallish staffie anyway. I'll love her to bit regardless of how she ends up looking though :)
  8. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    Thats what was happening to greg his neck and shoulders were growing, but his head looked way too small! now he is all in proportion :grin:
  9. sammymax

sammymax New Member

Name:
    Sammy
    One of our less generous nicknames for her atm is "pinhead" :roll:
  10. SBT

SBT New Member

Name:
    SBT
    The staffordshire bull terrier and its head splitting is a myth, along with the lock jaw myth.
  11. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    Greg was 'peanut head' at one point, but it didnt stick!
  12. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    it can take up to 3 years for a stafford to mature physically!
    there is not set time, around 18 months they start to fill out, but it all depends on ur dog any pic?

where abouts in exeter are you if u dont mind me asking, i used to live there? pm if u like
  13. YR

YR New Member

They dont split thats rubbish
  14. minter

minter New Member

Name:
    mark
    My dog had quite a small head as a pup and I thought he was going to be little. I was told by a breeder that when he was about one his head would split and get wider.
    Now I didn`t take this as a physical split.:? I knew that he meant that as he matured his head would widden AS THOUGH it had split.
    Its just a saying that I have heard a lot of people using for the filling out of a dog.
    As has been already said, it depends on the dog. It can take a few years for them to fully develop and a lot depends on genetics, food, exercise and enviroment.

Just to add, my dog got to about 9 months and then all of a sudden his head split/ filled out/ got wider, call it what you want, but its now twice as wide as it was!. - fat head.:lol:
  15. sammymax

sammymax New Member

Name:
    Sammy
    LOL :) I'm noticing Lula's head getting wider and wider each day too.
  16. dannyboi

dannyboi New Member

Name:
    danno
    my lil staf is 5 months but her head has been too big for her body since we got her, we were told by a breeder to feed her up and give her extra vitamins and now she is more or less in proportion but her legs are still really short, i wasnt sure if this is common and they will catch up with the rest of her or weather she is crossed wit a jackrussle????? :S
  17. sjpurt

sjpurt New Member

Name:
    sam
    pics please of all the staffies as well....lol
  18. dannyboi

dannyboi New Member

Name:
    danno
    [​IMG]

this is my lil pup!!! lol
  19. sammy69

sammy69 New Member

Name:
    Sammy
    its usually around 2 years I was told. Boss is 21 months now and his head has widened quiet a lot but he has also bulked out in the shoulders and hind legs too :)