How many NI breeders do we have? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Shona, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

Name:
    John
    I asked a simular question regarding Utonagon breeders in the USA. My questions about the Utonagans went unanswered for over 14 days until I responded to my own post.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Mmmm, I wonder why a lot of NI owners/breeders have chips on their shoulders, looking at this thread I now understand. WHAT is it about this breed that people think it's OK to have a pop? It may seem good natured but it's very repetitive which I imagine gets on the nerves after a while.
  4. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    It's simple - come on here and you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

There was a problem of someone dragging peoples names and dogs onto this forum without the poster's permission. Sometimes very painful and sensitive discussions. Only adding to peoples worries or pain.

That is the only reason it changed to members only. Members choose to speak to each other, they don't choose to speak to the likes of the NI owner hit squad on this forum.

It's not a conspiracy, it is merely trying to allow people to be open and honest without risk of them being brought under personal attack on this public forum when the facts are being twisted to fit the people sitting on their high horses and lacking the compassion that allows free speech.
  5. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    poss if I Start others will join in,

Hi my name is shona

I breed rottweilers

I have had two litters to date { from my own bitches}

AND

my stud dogs have also sired two litters, Kaos boobahs bitch {Asta} Vinnie sired barrys bitch {tikka} both forum members :grin:
  6. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    So are you saying, that by starting this thread, I intend to do all of the above :?

Quite the opposite! My intentions are very diff
  7. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Not by starting it but (as i have learnt the hardway!) not all threads carry on in the manner the OP wanted. A lot of NI owners and breeders have left this forum because they are sick to death of being attacked by certain people (not just publicly). For which you cant blame them, after all who wants to spend there day being picked apart?
  8. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Ah but this is my thread,,,, if anyone starts I will send the lads round,,,,btw,,they are massive :p
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Massive yes, but from the few rotties i have met they are also as soft as brushes!

Besides i have Cassie with her two pronged attack of tail wagging (its a blur) and licking (don't be folled she is trying to drown you)! :mrgreen:
  10. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Well, hopefully noone will use this thread as an additional means of finding out about breeders of NI's as apparently there are none :shock:

I get the fact that people don't like their breeds or in fact their own dogs being picked apart, but, now correct me if I am wrong as being totally honest, what I know about breeding you could write on a stamp BUT surely anyone who has a love of a particular breed or who in fact breeds wants to better the breed and see its good qualities progress like temprament and health and markings etc??? SO would you therefore not be open to having discussions about what "faults" there are in a breed in order that the breed can progress??

I would like to think that there were and still are discussions in any breed club about how breeds should progress, but maybe forums and the internet weren't around when the, for example, lab was originally bred, but I bet that doesn't mean there weren't arguments and people's noses put out of joint.

I would add at this point that I am not an NI basher I actually like the dogs but would like them a whole lot more if, like with any other breed, I could ask questions about reputable breeders and have my questions answered.

A long time ago I said I would like an NI when the time was right, but guess as there are no breeders, or at least none that will discuss there breed openly, that will be a bit difficult???
  11. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    Lyn and soooo well put :mrgreen:xxxxxxxx
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I had a pm from a long time Dogsey member this morning who joined the NIS just to browse like she does many forums and she had her acount cancelled for no reason what so ever. Poor woman has never even posted on any of the NI threads here either.
    Seems they dont want anyone knowing there buisness.
  13. looby-loo

looby-loo New Member

I think her account might have been cancelled because she never made a post. . It was in the announcements thread that that would be happening.
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Come on you lot,,,who breeds?
  15. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Ok Im going to word this another way :grin:

So that it opens the question up for owners and breeders.

but please dont name people on this thread!

When you decided to breed NI dogs,

A}did you have any experiance in breeding another breed of dog first?

B} What made you choose the NI breed?

C} Are you a member of one of the breed clubs involved with these type of dogs?

The same question could be asked of owners. Eg was the breeder of you NI involved in other breeds before moving to NI dog and so on

AGAIN please dont mention people by name :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  16. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    thats a good way to ask :grin:
    i love rotties by the way :007:
  17. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Ok here goes . . (if i can picked apart for this i am setting Cassie on you shona!! ;) )

A} I believe my breeder has only ever bred NIs and horses.

b} I had a Husky but wanted to be able to do more with my dog (agility ect) but still loved the look of the northern breeds. Stumbled on the NI two years ago and fell in love as it seemed to be just what i wanted in a dog. Ela is exceeding my wildest dreams and i don't think we will ever be without an NI now.

C} I am a member of the NIS and will be from now on. I am also a member of the TIDA forum.

There you go. X
  18. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    i have always owned GSD's and GSD crosses (some of them look very wolfy, some of the whites and blacks). a GSD cross that i had from the age of 3 to 17 was the spitting image of a wolf so i love any dog that resembles them because of him. i had a list of 6 breeds i was researching when i was looking for another dog. they were malamutes, siberian huskies, samoyeds, northern inuits, utonagans and tamaskans. before researching them i was thinking of getting another GSD. i decided the malamutes and huskies were not for me as they can rarely be taught a good recall ( i know there are exceptions to the rule). i was almost going to put my name on the waiting list for a samoyed until i saw a particular northern inuit and fell in love as they reminded me of my wonderful GSD cross. and the rest is history as they say, i will always have NI's but i have my eye on a GSD puppy at the moment too lol.
    i'm a member of the NIS and have been for a year and i think is everyone is lovely xxx
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

thanks for the posts :grin:

Anyone else?
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Four different breeders. Two said they used to breed GSDs, one of the two still bred Lhasoapsos, I think the other two have only bred NIDs but I am not sure on that.

We wanted dogs and were initially thinking of long haired GSDs but we were not 100% sure. We then saw an advert for the NID, did loads of research, looked at the Husky and Malamute (due to origins)(websites, net research and a visit to Crufts, where we also met the Greenland Dog) and decided the NID was the dog for us. We fell in love with the look and also we liked what we read ref temprement on the net. A big thing for us was the cats and letting the dogs of lead. I have never regretted our choice of breed and cannot see myself ever owning a different breed.

I was involved with TIDA in the begining and am now a member of the NIS.
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    What I dont get is how people do loads of research, where from? As I have tried and cant get any info.