How many Northern Inuit owners here? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by micki, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Karisma

Karisma New Member

Name:
    Boudicca
    razcox
    And I stand by what I said it's not really any of your business if sue has a problem then she can contact us directly. Your opinion is irrelevant and offensive. Of course the dogs have their health checked by our vet who is better qualified and has a better grasp of the english language than you even though she is French.
    I myself have studied biology at degree level so probably know more about genetics than you. Both animals have different lines and ancestors of the pups are much further apart than the so called reputable breeders that bred the adults. I have the evidence right here in their pedigrees. What difference does it make that we are their third home? They live in a stable loving environment.
    Most real experts say that dogs live in the moment and at the moment our dogs have a good life.
    Werewolf
    I dont think we'll be hanging around here long enough if razcox's attitude is anything to go by I am not sure we will be welcome or want to be. It would be nice to see those pics though you can always contact us by email at [Mod edit: contact details removed]
    thanx
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Karisma, I have sent you an email.
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I would assume Razcox's breeding morals are quite high, she has a people nervous bitch herself who I am sure she wouldnt consider breeding from as it is the incorrect temperament for this type of dog, likewise she may feel a dog that has been pushed into at least 3 homes is hardly the ideal specimen to breed from.
  5. Karisma

Karisma New Member

Name:
    Boudicca
    Many people would say a 'people nervous' dog is the result of the treatment by the owner....particuarly as the NIS claim these dogs are ideal family dogs and love people! Perhaps her bitch is the result of too much in-breeding, which seems prevalent in NI.
    There are many reasons for dogs to be rehomed, more often the owners personal circumstances, we know why they were sold to us, the previous owner had nowhere to live where she could keep dogs. The number of previous homes has no relevance to the quality of the dog. We are experienced dog owners (in our mid 40s, always had dogs) and quite capable of judging the temperament of a dog. We have had her 3 years, if we were irresponsible we would have allowed her to breed at her first season with us. It certainly feels that we were being accused of cruelty or mistreating our dog by breeding from her. And now we also have low breeding morals!
    Sue had this bitch until she was at least 4 months old - she was born in October 2005 and Sue listed her amongst her dogs in February 2006. Surely as a responsible breeder if she considered her unsuitable for breeding she could have kept her until she was old enough to be neutered.
    We only joined this forum because when we searched on our dogs name it showed someone else owned her. (Sue's post in 2006)
    I don't think the opinion of someone who claims to have owned dogs for over 20 years but is less than 30 is necessarily valid.
    Don't worry, we won't be back. There is nothing for us on this forum.
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You are correct FAR too much inbreeding in the NI, absolutely, full of lies and deceit too, plenty to chew on if you read threads on here.

I cannot comment on Razcox's bitch upbringing, but she does state herself the bitch is "very nervous of strange people" which of course is totally alien for this type and should never ever be encouraged. She is also a very "racy" bitch, the temperament states, friendly, placid and outgoing, the general appearance, "never racy" so what I was trying to say is that Razcox has a bitch she "could" breed from, you have a dog and bitch you "could" breed from, but was it the right thing to do in your case being a rescue dog having had at least 3 homes, likewise it would be irresponsible of her to breed from a nervous dog with a racy appearance. Can you see my point?
  7. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Having met Razcox's girls I can't say they were overly nervous of me? We have also met lots of 'strange' people and although they are not overly friendly like my pup, I wouldn't class them as 'people nervous'?
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Just quoting what Razcox has said herself, she does say "very nervous" of strange people, obviously a very bad breed trait, this should be a friendly outgoing, placid breed. Poor temperament of ANY description should never be bred from, that goes for ANY breed. No respectable breeder would allow use of their stud dog on a nervous bitch, I have turned down a few, wouldnt dream of it.
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    She was nervous when younger but now i think that may have been more imaturity or the 2nd fear stage mentioned then anything. In the last 12 months she has changed a lot and is now fine with people though still doesnt like crowds of strangers. I have also now managed to get her weight up to 33kg and she isnt racey anymore, she was just a late bloomer it seems. :)
  10. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Its been brought to my attention that my name is being bandied about here yet again. Firstly, all my pups are sold under contract, stating that, if for any reason, the buyer decides they dont want the dog, I will take it back at any stage of life. Unfortunately, some people want to make their money back NOW as my contract also states they will be re-compensated if and when I manage to re-home the dog minus any expenses incurred whilst in my charge. I most certainly was not informed that this girl was up for re-homing at any stage and am gutted that she has been re-homed twice in her life. My contract also states that NONE of my pups are to be bred from until they have been assessed by myself or another person knowledgeable on the breed , had relevant health tests and that I recommend spaying and neutering as soon as they reach sexual maturity or on the advice of a vet. I did keep in contact with the original owners until they left the address I had for them. I sincerely hope she now has her forever home and that you love her. I have pics of her as a baby if you would like to see them, also pics of mum and dad who are still here happy and healthy, she was called Ruby as a pup as she was a very red girl.
  11. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I asume that at the very least your dog and bitch were hip scored before you bred from them. As I'm sure you're aware, hd can be an issue for the ni types and that there's a genetic element to the disease.

You are/will be welcome on this forum, just understand that the ni type dogs can be a volatile subject, though the issues are with the lack of ethics of some breeders, and not the dogs as individuals. You can always block people who get on your nerves anyway, if you wish.
  12. Karisma

Karisma New Member

Name:
    Boudicca
    Hi Sue, Really didn't mean to cause so much trouble! We are very happy with our 3 inuits. We did not have any way of contacting you when we got her although the papers we have do have your name and were issued to the 3 owner, we are the 4th. I have had a mail from Julie Kelham saying that the first owners had a pub that went bust, the second the child turned out to be allergic. The third was a veterinary nurse, the owners were customers at the practice. She couldn't find anywhere to live where she could keep dogs. We already had Yukon Wolf Spirit and when we saw 2 mature inuits needing a new home we couldn't resist! They are in a forever home and we won't be breeding again.
    She isn't red at all now, more beige with a black back, we were surprised to see she was known as Ruby now we know why!
    She is a lovely natured girl, fine with children but not to be trusted with cats, chickens, mice, frogs or any other exciting wild life.
  13. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Crikey, I didnt realise you were her 4th home, yes the people who got her from me did have a pub. If you let me have your email address (pm it to me) I will send some pics of mum and dad and her as a pup. She is still listed as being with me as I had her when I joined this site in 2005 and I havent gotten round to changing it. Ruby, as she was then, was a very bold outgoing girl as well as very naughty lol as are most pups, Im glad she has a forever home now, it can be very distressing to find out one of the pups you raised has been so unsettled.
  14. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Glad to see things getting sorted. Sorry if i came across as a bit harsh but i love this breed and see a few get rehomed passed from pillar to post and being bred from along the way. Sue is a great breeder who cares a lot for her pups and her girl being so moved about then bred from was upsetting to hear about.
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats strange, when you wrote it she was 2 and a half years old, she isnt much more than that now is she? She IS racy Rachel, more like a racing NI and thats not being nasty, its the truth. I get the impression you were going to breed from her? Please tell me that you only want to better the breed and are not going to do that.
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Maybe that is where your boys get their colouring from xxx

I have heard the kennel name 'Wigwam' a few times. I don't know anything about them but I am sure I read somewhere else about a Ute connection ref Cougar.