How often puppies pee? Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Felicia Eason, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia
    Just as I thought. It was not normal for her to pee as much as she was. Urinalysis showed she has a UTI. She will start her antibiotic this evening when she has her supper.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Roman2391

Roman2391 New Member

Name:
    Antonio
    Glad to hear she'll be on the mend. Never nice getting such a young pup on medication. Hope shes better soon.

Was this the same vet or did you try a new one?
  4. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia
    Same vet... I've been going to them for 15+ years. Never had a problem with them. I actually had a cat once that was really sick after another vets office fixed her. She stopped eating and after weeks of not eating and trying to push fluids and baby food in her and no success they were able to help her. Her organs were about to shut down. 2k down and vet took her home for a week, she was able to come home. She recovered within two months. I was very thankful. Because of that it's hard to go to someone else.
  5. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    So glad you've got this sorted. It's so difficult with a young pup because they do wee a lot as a matter of course.

I'm also glad that you cleared up the situation regarding water because had you not said that she does have free access, I would have suspected that may be a possible cause for the urinary infection.

Good luck with her. I'm sure you'll have many happy years to come together
  6. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you! My fur babies are like my own children. I guess I had that gut feeling something was wrong.
  7. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Always trust your instincts. I always live by the rule that if I need to ask, I need to ask a vet :)
  8. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Frenchies are so special my wife and I love ours like children as well. Sometimes I think there better than children.