Hungarian Vizsla Info on working Vizlas please General Chat

Discussion in 'Hungarian Vizsla' started by Benzmum, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne

Hungarian Vizsla Info on working Vizlas please

Can anyone give me info on good working Vizslas?

It's not for me, but someone I know has been thinking of a vizsla for the last 4 years and feels the time is now right. I have to admit I know absolutely nothing about them or their temprament etc etc

The info I have is that the persons wife is at home all day they have 2 youngish children if memory serves me right then their son is coming up 3 and their daughter 5 they have a large garden and a large house and plenty of walks nearby

the family as a unot have no prior experience of dogs but both of them have been brought up around dogs. I would appreciate info on breeders who will guide them and ensure they are sure what the breed involves and ensure they will be a suitable home (I think they will be and I know a good breeder would do these things but I just want to be sure!)

He intends to work the og at local shoots. He is looking for a bitch and I did in the past provide info, from Dogsey, on the Vizsla rescue, but after some discussion they have decided to go the breeder route so they can have the dog froma pup so she can grow up around the family.

Any info welcomed he is hoping to get her around the start of the summer.

Thanks

:)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    I will find the details of our vizzies breeder and pm you when I find them. Our viz from her has been picking up all season and it's going to be going to tests / trails this year.
  4. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    That would be great thank you

Also what health tests are advised for Vizslas? I have to admit to knowing not an awful lot about them :blush:
  5. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Hips scores / eye test / Gonioscopy
    The litter and breeder I pmed you about all have very good health results :grin:
  6. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Thank you very much I will pass on the info and also the details I am pleased he is asking around for good breeders etc so hoping he can be helped to find the right dog to join his family.
  7. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Thats fine, I bet he'll be glad of your help, and I have replied to your message :)
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    have PM`D you.
  9. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Where abouts are they located? I know a very well respected breeder who has the odd litter of working bred Vizslas, but they are in East Sussex (perhaps not much good if they are in Scotland!).
  10. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    They live near Peterborough
    I have to admit I have no idea where that is in relation to Sussex :blush:
    I think for the right dog with the working lines they would/could travel. Initially he asked if I knew breedersin Scotland(his family are here so he is up in Scotland reasonably regularly). But I thought I would ask Dogsey for info about good breeders generally :)
  11. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Peterborough is probably 2 1/2 hours from this breeder. I'll PM you the details.
  12. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Post deleted.
    Please note our posting guidelines..

13. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    THe first port of call when looking for a puppy is the appropriate breed club(s) whose members must abide by their codes of ethics, you can then be put in touch with reputable breeders via the club secretary (that is one of their functions).

The breed club websites will give you info on how to join and info on health testing and activities and training days.