I am flooded General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The last lot of rain has stopped for the moment - outside is still draining as the ground is sodden but at least it did not come up through the drainage hole from the sewers this time. Lots of homes here have it far worse as the roads slope downwards.

Still no news about a cleaner/helper - not that they could do anything when the rain is so heavy, as Tikva not only dragged in her muddy sodden tether all over the carpet [and left footprints on the couch - and on Xanadu, and the table, and my keyboard] - but dragged it behind her through into the kitchen and as far as she can get in the back room. Better than unclipping her and having mud painted all over my bed!

The trouble is that people just do not want to work. There are agencies in town but there is plenty of work for cleaners/helpers in town - good local buses as well, whereas the only bus route that goes past the end of the Moshav is a 30 minute service only, and then a long walk to get onto the Moshav - and a longer walk to my house, as there is no bus service through here. There are more than enough people who know I am looking for someone to help me, and that I will pay over the odds... but as I say, nobody wants to work.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!