I deffo want a bog dog! General Chat

Discussion in 'Irish Water Spaniel' started by MarchHound, Aug 7, 2011.

1. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna

I deffo want a bog dog!

As my next dog! Met one today at a show (my first in YEARS!), a beautiful bitch puppy. Her owner runs a grooming parlor nearby, so maybe, in 3 years, I could be getting a pup off him! Never know! We've agreed to keep in contact and meet up for walks, he was stunned that I knew what she was and didnt ask if she was a poodle/labradoodle/cockapoo..... :roll: Some people! Irish Water Spaniels were constant in my childhood. I cant wait to have one in the future. Meeting one today must have been fate!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lynne

Lynne New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    We have one walking round our park. 'Issy'. She's gorgeous I love the rats tails!! & the fur is so soft.The owners have a boxer as well 'Beau.'
  4. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Ive just ordered a IWS book. I think my grandma may still have a few old ones. I must chat to her about my lust for a IWS! She always said they are stubborn, almost human like. I can remember them being very clever and quite well behaved. One of my grandmas IWS (Seamus) was in a movie! No idea what one though, it was before I was born I believe! :007:
  5. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I have met a few. TBH they seem a bit placid for me. They don`t seem to do a lot. Or maybe I just meet the fat ones. :lol:
  6. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought you wanted one of those pups off tv who ran off with the toilet roll! ;)

Seriously I LOVE IWS and have met a few that I would LOVE to work, full of life, drive and enthusiasm.
  7. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Hehe! They are a bog dog of another type! :lol:

I love them too, they can be a challenge to train, full of life and naughtiness! :007: