I have to ask - what is the problem? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Thanks guys,
    Dont get me wrong im not taking any of this personally im just curious without it getting into a heated slanging match :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Floren

Floren New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Hi All

I'm new to the forum (joined a few minutes ago) but have been reading for sometime now. I wanted to join so I could post on this thread to say that although a lot of threads on this site are good and I have wanted to post and ask questions, however quite frankly I'm too scared. :cry:

If people don't agree with what breeders are doing, that's fine and everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. But it does seem that cross-breed owners are getting a lot of negative replies when trying to stick up for their breed of dog (which I am sure anyone on here would do for their own dog :grin: ). It just doesn't seem that friendly really.

I'll keep reading, but I'm not sure if I'll be posting again, or even if I'm welcome to, but I do hope that the people on here who do have a problem with cross-breed owners (I know all the posts on this thread so far have been the opposite so don't mean you guys), maybe take this on board and realise that just because it's not said in person, doesn't mean it's not upsetting.

I love my dogs so much and, as I am sure everyone else does, hate seeing so much hatred for them.

Thanks for listening guys! :) :)
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You are VERY welcome Floren. Please understand its not the dogs, never has been. Look forward to meeting your dogs too!:001:
  5. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Oh you'll have to post pic's of your dogs hun xx

:grin:
  6. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I'm a non-NI owner, in fact, I'd never even heard of NIs until I came here :shock: - even worse, I'm not even sure I'd recognise one if I met one :shock: :shock: BUT..... they're dogs, and therefore a class above humans 8) .

What puts me off is the amount of B/S some people can't resist chucking about when they're discussed! I need to see simple, unbiased information about them, so that if I meet one when I'm out and about in my wheelchair, I can "discuss" him/her with his/her owner, as I do with other doggies I meet!

So, can we please have some quiet, peaceful discussion about what I'm sure is a lovely breed of dog?

Snorri
    (Border Collies forever!)
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    They are lovely dogs hun, there are always exceptions to the the rules in all breeds.
    I happen to have a very hyper one n would bounce around like tigger all day long if i let her :roll: but on the other hand i have met some lovely well behaved sedate NI's completly opposite to Shila :lol: :lol:
  8. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Shila is one of a kind...thats why I love reading about her...when I meet her, you are going to have to watch me closely...as I might just sneak off with her :lol: do you think she would give me away? or come quietly? ;-)
  9. Floren

Floren New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Well it's good to know everyone's welcome:grin: and it's good to see everyone with so much love for their dogs!

My two are crazy at times too! Like any dog/pet owner relationship, we have many good times, a few embarassing ones and the occasional bad!

Because my husband and I work shifts, I have to do atleast one of their walks on my own each day, that + their size + me being little, can mean a comic scenario at times!

No matters what happens though, at the end of the day I don' really care where they came from or how, I just care that they are healthy (bar the odd cut paw from galloping through the woods:roll: ), they love me and their mine!:lol:
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I have found on dogsey it is the non N.I owners that seem to do the slagging / argueing, with owners who don't have a problem with their chosen breed (N.I) as soon as some one posts a pic of an N.I or says they have one want one ect, thats when all hell breaks loose...
    In the past I have asked 100's of questions about N.I's and never really had an open honest answer from any of the N.I forums I have visited, questions are usually met with defensive aggression...
    I choose now to believe what I see, my Inka not a kick in the shirt off 3 yrs old, healthy and happy a big docile cuddle bug, shares his brain with his sister but hey I have a loving loyal family companion, always happy sharing any type of affection or attention, loves to be loved, I wouldn't be without him, Would I have another no not unless it was one of Kains pups !!
  11. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    I hadn't heard of them before dogsey:)

They seem like beautiful dogs, certainly all that I have seen on here are. I try to stay out of the arguments, let the dogs speak for themselves.

But I think it is a generally healthy thing to have even extreme objectors to any breed. There need to be checks and concerns with breeding and creating new breed traits and the breeders of all dogs should take a bit of time in their weeks to scan through all the criticisms and objections, to keep abreast of possible truths and genuine arguments arising.

The breeders that continue with only their own opinions and their heads firmly buried in the sand about any possibility of being wrong, or mistaken are the real danger in all breeds not just the NI.
  12. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thankyou Magpye, great post xx
  13. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I tried to give her away at Skipton but she kept coming back :lol: :lol: :lol:

She should go pretty quietly though if u have some liver treats :roll: :lol: :lol:
  14. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Thanks for your answer's guys xx

Floren - when do we see some pic's?x
  15. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    I feel the same as vicki and clmd!

You have two beautiful dogs...dont give a monkies what other people have to say!:grin:

Although that said...I would find it hard to keep my cool if people were always slating my dog etc:evil:
    But sometimes I think it comes a time, when you have to agree to disagree!;-)
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Please find me a single thread where I have "kicked off" at somebody's picture of their dog.

The problem Elaine, is the breeders, who YOU yourself have slagged off many many times when its suited you as have other NI owners and breeders, here and on other sites. None NI owners have absolutely NO axe to grind and are genuinely interested in the dogs welfare, we have no financial interest or any other interest other than seeing dogs being bred by genuine people interested in their dogs for the RIGHT reasons.

I can forgive a lot, but I wont forgive financial greed at the expense of a dogs health and wellbeing, which again, YOU have commented on many many times.:002: the fact you wouldnt want another, speaks volumes to me. :) and its a shame, as done correctly in the first place, the NI "could" of gone the right way.
  17. Floren

Floren New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    I'll post some pics as soon as I read the sticky, do it wrong, then get my husband to do it for me!!!

Hopefully tomo!!:grin:
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I don't have an issue with the breed..I have an issue with the breeders and the labels they keep giving them..

NI have been referred to as Sled dogs, working dogs, arctic breeds, nothern breeds and they are none of the above
  19. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Hi i agree with what you say i love my dogs and enjoy them every day as well as my jack russells, but being the fiesty devil i am i hated injusts and will arguee my point, to be honest i`m a lover not a fighter i love all breeds. and hearing about what they have been up to.
  20. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Well bless you or that, i love the BC so clever and full of energy:grin:
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats interesting Mandy, considering one of your last posts in the other thread was: