I just nearly killed Tikva General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

I just nearly killed Tikva

I was going across to the macolet and had not closed the door properly. And Tikki followed me out and her harness got caught under one of the non-tip back wheels and her tether went round the back wheel, half choking her because she could not move. I got off Xanadu but could not untangle her. Oh was I lucky though, she did not panic [I did] but someone I know was driving past and I yelled at him for help.

He got a knife and cut the harness into pieces to free her, tipped up Xanadu to untangle her tether. And all I kept thinking was that I had killed my bubba - and what would I have done had this young man had not stopped and managed to free her.

And she just waited while he did but I think she was frightened although she seemed to know he was helping her.

Harness? In the bin but I do have a collection of them, so the blue one is in the bin and she has a pink one one now.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Poor Tikva. How scary, you must be shaking. How lucky that there was someone to help to free her. I hope she is soon back to her normal bouncy self.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikki is fine B"H. She knew that he was helping her, but how on earth I had not seen she was behind me or that the door was not properly closed. One second later and she would have been strangled.

Strange - I do not know who this young man is but I do know his small white van with the name of his company - whoever they are. But every year on the festival of Purim he brings me goodies. I have no idea why. Maybe that was why he stopped when I yelled for help?

I could of killed her, and do you know what that would have done to me?
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Wow, how frightening for you, bless her that she stayed calm
    You have such a hard time with many things recently, I hope you are staying positive
    Let’s hope tomorrow is calmer for you both xx
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know she was frightened but she did stay calm because she knew she was being helped. I am not sure how calm I was though. Xanadu is very heavy and she was well and truly caught under his wheels.
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    You are probably going over & over the horrible scenario in your mind and of course the “ what could have happened “ scenario
    It will take you a long time to settle back down, I hope you get your confidence back soon
    Philippa xx
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    She was not under the back wheel because as soon as I realised I stopped. Had that wheel have gone over her - well, she is only a little girl and Xanadu is a very heavy electric wheelchair. But she was very caught up and could not move. She did not even eep - I think she knew I would help her.

She has a leash at the end of her rope tether, and the leash clips onto her harness, but I did not realise she was behind me and drove over the leash which got caught up in the non-tip wheel that side, and the rope tether went round the wheel, so she was well and truly wedged against the wheel. On her side. Any movement from Xanadu and - or had she tried to fight to get free - better not think about it.

Tikki is a mini monster but she trusts me and she knew I would help her. And she trusted that young man even though she did not know him. I just know him by sight and his yearly offering of goodies for Purim. I do not even know why he brings them to me. She just lay there until he had cut her harness off, and all she did then was sit and wait until he had untangled her tether from around the wheel. She could have run off, but Tikki is not a runaway and she has a perfect recall.

She is fine B"H but I will made 200% sure that she is in and the door is closed [and locked] before I go to the macolet again.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And in case anyone does not know why I call my electric wheelchair Xanadu - the company name is Heartway and his model name is Escape.

So I call him Xanadu. Escape from Xanadu.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.