I know I sometimes lose things... General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Old likes this.

I know I sometimes lose things...

...or just temporarily mislay them, but how could I lose a rubber ferrule from one of my sticks? :017:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Old likes this.
    It will reappear when you have replaced it, - that is unless Tikva has chewed it up.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It must be somewhere in the salon as that is the only room with a carpet so it must have been on when I plonked through to the kitchen or to the loo otherwise I would have heard the metal end on the tiles... as I did when I just went out of the salon to go to the kitchen.

So far I have checked under everywhere it could have possible gone, not that it could have rolled anywhere due to the shape of it, and strong as Tikki's jaws and teeth are I somehow do not think she could chomble up such a large chunk of solid rubber.

I will be doing her supper shortly so will check on/in/under her "nest" on the couch while she hoovers it up.

In the meantime I have taken the ferrule off one of the other pairs of sticks to put on the one missing its own, and will ask Amit if he knows anywhere that sells orthopaedic aids. If he does not I hope I can find the brochure I had from where I ordered the last lot - I tend to replace the ferrules once they start to wear down a bit. If the worst comes to the worst there is always eBay, although things tend to take up to six weeks to get here.

I mean it has to be somewhere.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The missing ferule was tucked away in Tikki's nest - not even a toothmark on it! There was also a ballpoint pen and a pair of nail clippers as well. But as I do not have any spare ferrules I checked eBay and have ordered a set of eight for a quarter of the price they would have cost in an orthopaedic store here.

Now... there is absolutely no way that Tikva can get near my dressing table let alone take something from it as I keep my manual chair in front of it. Plus, of course, she cannot get into the bedroom until I unclip her tether for her to go to bed, and then she rushes in waiting for me to open her crate for her to get in, give her her bedtime little bikki and then close it.

So... can someone please tell me where an 8oz bottle of rosewater spray has gone? :017:
  6. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    If you're anything like me, Juli, it could be anywhere :).

If you'd seen my struggle yesterday trying to work out how to open the microwave door, you'd know what I mean :)