I think I have been conned... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

I think I have been conned...

... or Tikva took advantage of me this morning.

She did not surface until nearly 10am, which is normally her breakfast bone meal, so after getting myself washed and dressed I gave her a small chew and then thought I might as well pack and freeze the chicken wings Mikhaël brought round yesterday - too late to do them then as it was coming up to Shabbat. I had ordered the wings and turkey necks on Wednesday, assuming he would deliver them on Thursday, but he was out of the necks but had them yesterday, hence the late delivery.

As usual she sat and watched me but did not ask for anything as she knows her bone breakfasts come out of Pereg's freezer and she never has them unfrozen. All packed and in ThreeBees being frozen and I was glad for a rest. But Tikki came and sat down beside me looking most unhappy.

Now I was 99% certain I had stopped half way through packing the wings and gone and got her a frozen one - a bit late for her breakfast but she had had her chew, but from the look on her face she was telling me that I had not given her her breakfast. Had I or had I not? And was she just conning me knowing I had been busy with the fresh wings?

Dogs can be very artful at times!

So I gave in and gave her a frozen chunk of turkey neck - well, what else was I supposed to do? :102:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    Oh they can be ace liars where food is concerned Juli :)
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think that maybe she was right though, as she is not food obsessive [one Doxie trait she does not have], never begs or sits and watches me eat hoping for me to drop a bit - although when she smells nanas she waits for hers, knowing I will share one with her, and she is quite happy to wait if for some reason I cannot stick to her 10am breakfast and 8pm supper.

It was the way she just came and sat beside me, looking very doleful - not like Tikki at all - that made me wonder, did I or did I not give her her breakfast, and it probably nearly 11.30am by then. And if she had been conning me? So she had an extra brekkie.

Who knows, and as she is nice and slim I do not think it will matter, and it was only a small chunk of turkey neck.

Tomorrow I have got the turkey neck chunks to do but will make sure she gets her brekkie while I am doing them. Chikky flapper for her tomorrow!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikki was very good this morning - I started early with the turkey chunks and had a break half way through [it is a bit of a performance packing each piece individually especially as I have to stand at the sink, albeit well propped up by Xanadu behind me so I can flonk down every few minutes and not fall] - came in here for a break and she eeped to tell me it was brekkie time.

Only a bit late and no sorrowful looks this time - it was if she knew that I had to pack things and it takes time, and I really did need a break. She also knows that it is her food I am packing to freeze and yet she never asks for any while I am doing it, although she did grab a frozen piece once when she was younger that I had dropped when I was taking them out to transfer to Pereg's freezer, and I could hardly blame her for that!

She would not do that now as if I drop something I just say "no, leave it" and she does. :023: