I think there may be a good NI breeder!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by kcjack, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Getting back on topic -

I have never met Kate, but from what I have heard she is a good, ethical breeder that really gives a damn about her dogs and the pups she breeds.

I am looking to get a GSD at some point in the future, and I will say she would be a breeder I would concider buying a pup from.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Sorry, posted before I saw this :grin:

But as I would not buy another NI, I think my point is relevant, and as the thread is about Kate and not one particular dog :grin:

P.S. Who are you calling a lady, I is no lady :lol:
  4. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Post 95, a qeustion you STILL have not answered but of course answering questions is not your forte is it :roll:
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Firstly, happy Easter to you.:)

Actually Mandy, the thread was about Kate Hearne being a breeder that did all the health testing that ALL NI breeders should do. She has, and certainly from me too, been COMMENDED for this. However it seemed she didnt follow the same rules for her GSD's on least one one occasion, breeding 2 litters (and implying more) from a bitch with a higher than average hip score, and the BVA say dogs with average or higher hip scores should not be bred from.
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Hi Nes, happy Easter.:grin:

We cross swords over this all the time dont we.:grin:

If you are intent on slamming Marie, PLEASE look at JK aswell. You yourself KNOW the risks involves with high hip scores having bought a pup out of a dog with a score of 72, what must then be apparent to you is when you read this:

There are some people who must also be called to question, especially when at the "head" of the breed, dont you think?

"Genglars Blackfoot" is being used for breeding now, sister to the bitch "Genglars Kynance of Mahlek" or "Zuni" who in both litters (may of had more litters) produced pups with VERY high scores, being 50, 44 and 56, the latter being Kate Hearne's "Riot" Yet, still neither Zuni nor Blackfoot (dont know her pet name) have been hip scored!!:evil: How do you see that?
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

We see this all the time from some, always shouting that we are ANTI breeders on here.. maybe if people took the time to actually read through the archives of this board, they would see the thruth that stares them in the face

In the yrs I have been here, I cant say I can remember anyone ever having go at a good breeder..

As I said the bad ones always out themselves.

Not saying "Katie " is bad or good, but you have to admit there are some inconsistencies in her breeding practices..

Dawn has a relevant point about the high hip score, ??

Why breed from high hip score dogs, specially in a breed where there will a abundance of good studs with exceptable ones.
  8. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
  10. owl01

owl01 New Member

Name:
    carrie
    i just joined this forum coz i saw northen inuits mentioned and was interested
    i have to say i was quite suprised by some of the comments exchanged here,is it the norm to be so rude?as i am a bit of a forum virgin...
    i have had plenty of experience with hip dysplasia in german shepherds.could i point out to the people who are interested in making comment on the hipscore that in fact the bitch in question cannot be said to have a 'high' score,a few points above the current average is not high,its around average.the scores do go up to 106.
    also having a 'good'hipscore sadly does not offer any gaurantee of the puppies or indeed the parent never developing dysplasia as up to 75% of dysplasia in any given dog is caused by enviromental issues,too much hard exercise too young,jumping,stairs,being overweight and being fed wrongly are examples
    there are other areas in the breed in which this bitch has an awful lot to offer added to which she comes from exemplary stock.
    there are issues other than hips,is inevitable that people who really do not know much about the gsd will fixate on this which is a shame
    perhaps people should not be so quick to accuse others of exploiting a bitch for money.
  11. CheekyChihuahua

CheekyChihuahua

Name:
    n/a
    Hey, welcome to Dogsey:002:
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Dawn Happy Easter to you Too xxxx

Ref my girl, we have already spoken about that. I have also told you that the stud was used once (he is now castrated), on bad advice from someone whos practice it used to be to use dogs and then hip score later:-( Often resulting in a situation similar to my girls':-(

Anyone intentionally causing detrement to any breed, is a bad breeder, in my opinion.

Perhaps you should consider taking up your concerns with the relevant organisation. They may be able to ease your mind , or you may highlight something to them that they are not aware of.
  13. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi Owl01
    I just wanted to say that i have yet to see a forum that is nicey nicey all the time, if you do find one you'll see there are very little posts in it. The contriversial posts and threads have the highest amount of views and posts on ANY forum, seriously, check ANY forum on ANY subject that is contriversial and you will see this quite clearly. The type of forum this one is can only expect to see contriversial posts about dog breeders. Some will agree, some will disagree and people who are dog lovers will naturally get quite passionate and heated about what's right and whats wrong. If a person 'who is a health co-ordinator' for a breed/type of dog is not above reproach i think its fair to say it will spark off some contriversy.
    Personally i dont know enough about dog breeding or the person involved to say if she's a good or bad breeder but i would expect all breeders of any type of dog to only be breeding from the very best stock. If this is not the very best of stock then it will be questioned. If you are the breeder and a member of a forum then you have to be prepared for that, it kinda goes with the territory.
    Welcome to Dogsey :001:
  14. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Errr I think you will find that the AVERAGE score for the gsd is 19 therefore 'a few points above the score' IS NOT the average- that is how the score is calculated by the bva.
    There is a reason that the bva set an average- to set a score that should not ideally be bred from otherwise what is the point in hipscoring at all, if people are going to ignore it?
    Its people with attitudes like that that really get my back up, if breeding from a dog with higher than average score is acceptable where do you draw the line? 4? 5? 6? 10? points above average?

I know enough to know that breeding a dog with higher than average hip score is unethical and irresponsible, regardless of breed or breeding.
  15. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Actually a dog needs to be viewed as a whole and not simply on the results of one test (unless they are truely awful) I wouldn't exclude any dog from a breeding programme solely based on one test result. Everything needs to be weighed up. Far rather have a dog of good breed type with a score slightly above average than a low scored dog of appalling type.
    Becky
  16. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Well i certainly would with a gsd. There are plenty of well bred ones with excellent health tests results. Its a no brainer for me.
  17. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    What if it was your bitch? Are you stating that you'd keep buying in bitch puppies until you got one with a below average score that you could use in your breeding programme?
    You can do all the research in the world and buy from low scoring lines and still get an above average score.
    Becky
  18. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I think i need a vodka :shock:
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Breed from the best, not the ones you have just becsause they are there!!:evil: DONT breed if they are not suitable, simple!:002:
  20. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    :shock: If my bitch had a higher than average score then I wouldnt breed from her...I dont see breeding as essential...if she failed to get a good score I would not breed and do not feel the need to continue to purchase bitches for this reason...that would make me purely interested in breeding and im not!
    I find the fact that you have even suggested that totally immoral.
    Is that what you would do?? if one of your bitches got a higher than average score you would still breed? Or would you prefer to keep buying in bitches to satisfy your need to breed? (I do not have a problem with breeding, far from it, I just dont like unethical breeding)
  21. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    I'll have a double :D...and another