IF the NI ever gets KC recognition what group should it be in Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Shona, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

And the NI associations/breeders/clubs, have not!!..the breed(xbreeds) could not be in a worse state as it is... and the KC has not got near them..so to suggest they could do any worse if far off the mark
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I am not saying the breed could not be in a better state but I do not believe it is as bad as you seem to think. However, you are entitled to your own opinion. Look at the breeds out there with serious issues eg breathing problems, brain problems....to me that puts things into perspective. I have three healthy dogs, there may be some pedigree issues and some health problems but show me a breed which hasn't such issue????
  4. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    This is really only a hyperthetical question since the NI will never be KC recognised. For recognition the KC will require accurate records of every mating - going right back to the original dogs - showing exactly what each dog was etc. and that can't be provided since records weren't kept.
  5. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Well that puts the end to KC recognition for the NI then!
  6. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ummmmmm

' I anticipate the price will soar as soon as we do achieve KC recognition, and it is then that we will have to be particularly careful that pups go to the right people and not puppy farmers! '

[link to dog forum removed]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  7. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi Werewolf
    Surely you cant be serious thinking that the NI will ever be recognised by the kennel club? There are no accurate records hun, sorry if that upsets you but we have to be real here.
  8. looby-loo

looby-loo New Member

Think that is a quote from the text in the link. Liz.

Think we all know The NID is a long way off KC recognition, if at all.
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Don't be sorry. As Looby Loo has said it was a quote off the link.

Indeed. That link highlights to me how people were somewhat mislead.
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
  11. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Most of them are lovely dogs, but, it is sometimes hard to recognise and tell the difference between what us an NI or a UTE or a Husky Mix. Also as other shave said lack of records as to how the breed began.

So KC recognition I don't think so.
  12. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    I don't think it will ever happen, but if they were in a group, I suppose it would have to be Utility.
  13. looby-loo

looby-loo New Member

I did read the link before it was removed and I see what you mean about misleading. Leading people to believe that they would get KC recognition in the near future.

I, personally, am not bothered whether the NID gain KC recognition. The reason we choose the NID was because of temperament. We were looking at getting a Czech WD or a SWD. After some research decided that neither was for us.

I would class mine as Working dogs. I would turn your volume down tho hubby gets a bit carried away. LOL

[​IMG]

This is the end of a three mile sprint. . Hubby is popped dogs are fine. ps Puppy never ran that far he was with me and just went to meet them. .
  14. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Your husbands face was priceless at the end of that :lol:
  15. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Great video, thanks. The furry ones look like they had a great time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  16. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Poor pawtrekker, doesn't he know how much that cost, looked like great fun for the woggles thanks for sharing x