Important Health Question Health

Discussion in 'Lhasa Apso' started by Buick_Daddy, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Buick_Daddy

Buick_Daddy New Member

Name:
    Buick_Daddy

Important Health Question

My 8 year old lhasa apso started getting diarrhea Sunday night! Today he was not himself diarrhea still there tonight his poop yellow like water ! Then he had a little dribble and I found 2 little blood spots in it he is not active He is sleeping a lot ! I gave him rice and chicken broth this morning he ate the whole bowl then tonight he only ate only half ... He drinks some water his nose is not wet and is warm. I called the 24 hour vet they told me to monitor him if the blood get worse to bring him in the vet is 8mins away from me ... I did read that Yellow means liver issues? Anyone have any suggestion ?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I would ask the vet to take a look at him. He could need medication.
  4. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Definitely a trip to the vets.

It could be anything from a minor stomach bug, something he's eaten that's upset him, or it could be more serious.

Only a vet will be able to do the necessary examinations and advise how to treat him.

In the meantime, I'd try to give him bland food and split it over four meals a day until you know what it is you are dealing with
  5. Buick_Daddy

Buick_Daddy New Member

Name:
    Buick_Daddy
    **UPDATE**: I contacted the vet and collected some of the stool and took it to the vet he has a appointment on Friday Morning Exam and Results! He does eat and beg for food then he gets his moments where he gets tired out ... Small Blood drops I did see in his stool vet said that could be from rubbing his butt.... I will update again Friday after we know

in the mean time PLEASE PLEASE:

Prey for him he is only 8 years old I can't lose my boy please prey he is my service dog!!

Attached Files:

6. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Blimey, he's cute.

Good luck for Friday. Everything is firmly crossed for your boy x
  7. Buick_Daddy

Buick_Daddy New Member

Name:
    Buick_Daddy
    **UPDATE**:

It was just a stomach bug he went in nothing found the blood was from raw butt from the soft stool ..... He's back to his naughty self LOL Love him even if he is a pain once in a while and sassy!

Thanks everyone glad I found this site!!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so glad that your little wubble is OK - thank you for updating us. Please give him a tummy rub and ear twiddle from me. :)