Indestructible toys for staffies? Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jossrocker, Nov 20, 2008.

1. jossrocker

jossrocker New Member

Name:
    jo

Indestructible toys for staffies?

Hey everyone
    Is there such a thing as an indestructible toy for a staffy? obviously smoked bones are hard to destroy and i buy these for zorch, But there doesnt seem to be a 'toy' that he cant chew up!!! The best things i've found are those Kong 'wubbas' made with strong canvas, they last all of around 2 days!
    Its such a shame as he loves to play with toys but i have to keep the pups toys seperate as they wont last 2 minutes around zorch!
    Any ideas?!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Coconuts!!
  5. jossrocker

jossrocker New Member

Name:
    jo
  6. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    ! i will post a pic later of what my pack done to a kong...im not big on synthetic products for dogs ,as some may know and the pic is why....look back later....
  7. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I guess it depends on the dog - I had a Kong that 2 Rotts and a German Shepherd never destroyed!!

Marius has a red Kong and he has a very strong jaw and his is fine:002:

The black ones are supposed to be the toughest, perhaps worth a try?
  8. jossrocker

jossrocker New Member

Name:
    jo
    he had a kong when he was only a pup and it didnt last im afraid so never bothered with them again!!!
  9. rottalmarotts

rottalmarotts New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I have Aussie Cattle dogs and they kill toys faster than my Rotts The ball that lasted was an Orbee ball they are soft and very durable
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    kongs generally have to be xxl black to last with a staffy, also the kong havaball which is basically the same thing but a different shape and harder to get to grips again large and black. The boomer ball is great and Diesels has lasted surprisingly well considering he plays with it every day. We also have nylabones dino range which are nylon bones to chew they too are standing up rather well.

http://www.nylabone.com/products/non-edible/big-chews/

http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html looks as if they've renamed it stuff a ball, ours is about 4 years old and is called hav a ball but it's the same thing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  11. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    I've got a couple of toys for my staffy which she hasn't managed to eat. One is a black tyre shaped toy (you can get them in PAH) and the other is called a Cuz toy made by the J.W. Pet Company. It's a large rubber ball type toy that makes a noise. I got that in PAH too.

She also loves nylabones and her Kong. The Kong balls and Kong frisbee are really good for taking out on walks too.

HTH x
  12. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
  13. IsoChick

IsoChick New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    Now, my two have had black Kongs and they have been fine, but Nylabones get bitten in half etc...

We got a Galileo bone and it took Murphy 3 days to chew it into bits.... :roll:
  14. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    My boy destroys all his toys even the hardy ones!
    But got him a Boomber ball last week and he loves it, annd he hasnt destroyed it yet...its said to be industructable..so think you should invest in one!
    They also use them in zoo's for elephants, tigers and polar bears to keep them occupied!
    Make sure you get the right size though, your dog should not be able to pick it up in his mouth!
    Hope this helps!!!!
  15. jossrocker

jossrocker New Member

Name:
    jo
    Im definately going to invest in one, i think its worth the money if it lasts longer than a week! should keep the both of them occupied too!!
  16. Kazzyhoney

Kazzyhoney New Member

Name:
    Kazzy
    Boomer balls are fab. I got mine for a bargain on amazon. Its massive and honey can't get her teeth round it.