irish bull vs kc staff Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Trav, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Trav

Trav New Member

Name:
    Will

irish bull vs kc staff

can i have your comments on irish bull terriers vs kc staffs on health and fitness issues.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    irish bull terriers are not a recognised breed so there arent really any information/statistics to go on
  4. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Ditto... is there a breed standered for the renowned Irish staff?, just so we have got something to compare it to, or is it a case of thats what it is regardless of size or whatever?
  5. ajshep1984

ajshep1984 New Member

Name:
    ajshep1984
  6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    keyboard died then?

I`ve heard of a Kerry Blue, and an Irish Terrier (and the chavs round here call pit bulls Irish Staffs)...but not an Irish Bull.
  7. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Yes there are three standards for the Irish all different :roll:
    I have yet to see an Irish come anywhere close to one of them,I was also told these breeders don't breed to standard so if that's the case there's not much point in having one :roll:
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Can we have yours? :001:
  9. Trav

Trav New Member

Name:
    Will
    hi i have kc staffy for 22 years but the irish staffy in my eyes fitness in the sibtc ikc dogs 100 xfiter then kc staffy
  10. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice

Do you have proof to back this up? and if so let's see it . If not then as you say it's in your eyes so merely an opinion.
  11. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    what was the difference between your dogs then that you have owned for many years and the ibt??
    what makes them fitter and healthier? did your other dogs have problems and this breed is healthy??
  12. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    The first is a Xbreed , with a suspicious history... and no health /breed records.

The second is a recognised KC registered breed with breed records and a legitimate history...and on the most part a fairly healthy breed.
  14. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    They're just leggy more athletic staff's. You can get Kc registered staff's that are bred to be exactly the same my mate has two. One's sire is 22" to the withers and has full kc pedigree, just big staffs.

If you want a real athletic staff just look for long legged staff's. Most people selling so called Irish Staff's are selling poorly bred mutts with no proper Irish lines in them at all.
  15. remil

remil New Member

Name:
    remi
    you gotta read the gamedog forums for more info on the irish.
    the "irish" was just bred for fighting skills and badger hunting/trials?(is that the right word?) so breeding to a standar wasnt important. kc staffs for show mostly, and irish for game. now days you can see them shown also.

lots of ppl that own staffs tend to forget what kind of dog it is, even tho i and most others dont support dog fighting, by reading the gameforums you get alot of info about the breed.
    about the coment on 22" kc staff, bcuz its leggy doesnt mean its irish, look at some old gamedogs picturs and u can tell that the kc staffs looked diffrent from todays normal kc staffs

myself i find it intresting reading
  16. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    I never for one minute said it was irish. Just a big 22" Kc registered staff
  17. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Ive seen a few 'Irish staffs' and amazingly, they all look like Pits.
  18. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Why would one want to compare one with the other, there is no point it, is there?
  19. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    No not really, A proper Irish staff is made of believe it or not Staff x english bull terrier and yes pitbull.
  20. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    I meant ISBT with a SBT, why would one compare them one is a breed recognised by all as a breed, the other a crossbreed recognised by all as such so what is there to compare; they are both dogs I suppose one can make that comparison and that is the end to the matter.
  21. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    not all get your facts straight one when the breed was about in the late 50s,60s as trial dogs there were know apbts in uk or eire also its maily only one strain that has bt blood that being psycho,evergreen then that was only around 1/8 bt the stormer dog was half/half staff/bt but never made it as strain as with hybrids that tend to not pass on the goods,red strain are mainly kc stock sent to ireland then gooduns were sent back to the uk mainly from the m line ie ch gentleman jim and flynn dogs both these strains are highly sought after and in pure form are like hens teeth the funny looking mangly dogs you see running around in the uk are mainly psycho dogs that have been heavily inbred;-)