Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breeders Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by simon_horrocks, May 4, 2006.

1. simon_horrocks

simon_horrocks New Member

Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier Breeders

Folks, first post so please go easy on me !

I would like to find a reputable breeder for Irish Staffys. I understand that the Irish is not KC registered, I also understand that the Intercontinental KC has dropped the word Irish from the title.

I fell in love with this dog, when I saw one in London a few weeks ago. Having read through many emotional threads discussing KC vs non-KC breeds, and researched (very old!) articles about American Pit Bulls being passed off as ISBTs I am pretty sure that I want an Irish / Old Time Staffy and I would like to visit a good breeder.

All advice/info gratefully received

Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Welcome to Dogweb, good luck in your search.
  4. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
  5. linds1917

linds1917 New Member

Name:
    lindsey
    hi, hope i can help in droping some names the rest is up to you to check out if theyre reputable drop me a line.
  6. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    are u still looking? i know some very good breeders who breed to the orignal stafford standards
    PM me if u like
    regards
    Hayley
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006
  7. bluemurphy

bluemurphy

Did you find yourself an Irish Staffy? If so hows it going?
  8. simon_horrocks

simon_horrocks New Member

Funnily enough we have our name down for two puppies yet to be born. The dam is Princess Blue Lunar, perhaps you know the sire ??
  9. bluemurphy

bluemurphy

I`ve definelty heard on Princess Blue Lunar. Who was the Sire?. When are the pups due? I`ve got another now, that makes three. She is Champagne/ blue and called Molly. Hopefully a picture of her should be on here. Good luck with the pups, you`ve definetly made the right choice.
    [​IMG]
  10. bale844

bale844 New Member

Name:
    JO
    Hello Simon,
    Firstly, when i advised you to look into + make sure the breed was right for you i didnt realise you had joined a dog forum - well done :grin:
    The sire to your puppies is Monty's Blue Murphy.
    'Mum' is getting big now, she's very clingy + sits practically ontop of me so its hard to get pictures at the moment but ill definatly get some sent to you soon.
    Anytime from the end of next week huh - not long to wait now, i'll bet your as excited as i am :grin:
    Well done again, as i said before i cant praise you + Aline enough for taking the time to learn about the breed + its needs, take advice from many people + be patient, Jo xx
  11. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Nice post bale844, wishing you the very best with the immenent litter, and well done to Simon x
  12. bale844

bale844 New Member

Name:
    JO
    Thankyou Harveys mum, im still relativly new to showing + breeding + have so much to learn myself.
    Its refreshing when someone comes along using all the right methods, obviously has fallen for the breed in a big way like myself + you can be confident that their pups will be well looked after.
    I cant wait to hear how spoilt these babies will have been when their older. :grin:
    Im glad they have found this site, i know it will provide support, advice + guidance throughout their dogs life aswell as me bieng there to help them - thats reasuring.
    Thankyou again, Jo xx
  13. bale844

bale844 New Member

Name:
    JO
    Congrats simon on the birth of your babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck lol, their lil rascals already. jo xx :grin:
  14. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Who or what are the Intercontinental KC please, know the FCI but never heard or the Intercontinental KC, :?
  15. stormin_tina

stormin_tina New Member

Name:
    Tina
    oh i know both the sire and dam from that litter both great looking dogs
  16. stormin_tina

stormin_tina New Member

Name:
    Tina
    did u get them champagne from keetchs?
  17. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Anyone know please.
  18. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    I know very little about it, except that it's a registration system run by Ed Reid, the person who used to advertise Pit Bulls in the Our Dogs paper before the DDA.
  19. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Oh I see like Dog Lovers a registration of convenience. ;-)
  20. minter

minter New Member

Name:
    mark
    The IKC is a very usefull place to register Irish Staffies. Just like the SIBTC. These organisations help to bring owners of these dogs together so that they can meet with their dogs, show them and compete at the many different events that they hold. These 2 organisations allow people to register their Irish staffs as a pure breed in its own right, because at the moment the KC don`t recognise them. Like many other breeds of dog. They might recognise them in the future, who knows, knew breeds are being recognised and allowed to compete at events like crufts all the time. But until then organisations like IKC and SIBTC help to fill the gap. I would just like to point out they they don`t just accept your word on what your dog is. You have to forward photos and pedigree papers which are checked to make sure theyre correct.

In response to the question about the Champagne Staffy above. I know Blue Murphy and his dogs. The Champagne did come from Keetchs and she is growing into a super fit, healthy, loving dog.
  21. stormin_tina

stormin_tina New Member

Name:
    Tina
    i thought she was they breed some great looking dogs they now have the aunty to my little boy kaiser she's the one called tinker bell