Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    STUNNER! ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ay finn

ay finn New Member

absolute beute. your very lucky and she looks in great shape.
  4. bale844

bale844 New Member

Name:
    JO
    casey is gorg isnt she!!!!!!
    hope remi turns out like that!!
    again im in the middle of defending the irish staff!!!!
    why cant people be more openminded about the breed?
    i dont go round saying that extra short staffs are unfit (because i think each breed has the odd extreme but otherwise its untrue) as some irish staff breeders do.
    why is there such a divide beetween the kc + the irish staff?
    just because years ago someone did all the hard work for them to get the staff recognized as a breed why bad mouth irish staffs as their not yet recognized by the kc? jo xx
  5. ay finn

ay finn New Member

i have said befor i have strong veiws about the kc. i am very inerested in old tme breeds like bull dogs, bull and terrier type breeds ect. and beleive a breed of dog should be able to carry out the original purpase for whitsh it was bread. dont get me wrong i think any onewho does any thing to harm there dog should be locked up.and it sadens me to see short fat staffs and bull dogs who cannot breed or whelp naturly. i totaly agree with you saying there should be a happy medium,all though i think irish staffs are now a breed in there own right.i believe the kc are changeing there standard bull breeds saying shortness of breath is not desireible.
  6. bale844

bale844 New Member

Name:
    JO
    well i give up arguing with them!!!
    ill just have to face that my dog is a cross bred mongrel!!!
    i shouldnt be breeding from her!!!
    i mentioned that i am having remi tested + it was assumed that i was breeding untested dogs already?!?!?!
    i was told by a rescue worker that i shouldnt be breeding these dogs or calling them staffords!!!
    OK I ADMIT IT - FOR ALL THESE REASONS IM A BYB!!!
    but then all dogs originate from the same dogs, were once not recogniced, could end up in kennels, have the same tests + are called whatever the founders of that breed named them - we are all byb's!! jo x
  7. ay finn

ay finn New Member

read through a few posts 2day. some one said they not talking about the hole staff/isbt thing again becuse its been done to death, shame because mayby i could have got a few more people on our side. there a some great books around now trying to edducate people.
  8. ay finn

ay finn New Member

first off thank you. no where have i slagged off any one elses dogs. it is not a dogs fault for being born. for future breeding would you agree it is not the dogs fault that it is born with breathing difficultys, or if can not breed, whelp naturly. or live past the age of 8-9.i was asked a question on my intersts and i anserd.i enjoy many differnt types of dogs. but believe dogs should be given the best start in live. not suffer from these traits because the kc says they should have shorter legs or nose.
  9. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    Ay finn dont worry i agree with u!

I have leggy staffs but not irish normal english staffs

18 inches my boy and 17 inches my girl!

I like the leggy staffs!

Bale most people dont know a bull breed if it bit them on the jacksie, your dogs stunning what a beautiful dog! no way would u breeding cross breeds, but a irish stafford who is a breed in thier own right!