Is Pepe the biggest wimp in the world? Behaviour

Discussion in 'Poodle (Standard)' started by Janet, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Is Pepe the biggest wimp in the world?

Some time ago I wrote, I think on Dogsey, about the dreadful fright poor Pepe had when we came across half a sausage roll on the footpath. If Bogie hadn't bravely dealt with it for him, I don't think we'd have been able to pass it.

Yesterday on the bridle path I could see a dark shape in the distance, and thought at first it was a rabbit or something. As we got closer I could see it was a pile of horse droppings. Chico the Chihuahua went to investigate, Bogie went to try and eat as much as he could before we stopped him. Pepe put his tail between his legs and ran in the opposite direction. I put him on the lead and managed to drag him past. Then we had the whole performance again on the way back.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not laughing, honestly I am not...

[​IMG]

4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and Janet like this.
    Bless!! reminds me of Heiko biggest wuss ive ever had, all mouth and no trousers .if he sees the slightest thing different on his walk he stops and goes all silly hackles up and growls creeping cautiously, OH was doing a bit of diy, put a 1x1 inch piece of wood in kitchen floor I could here this pitiful whining there he was sitting behind the wood and wouldn’t come over it, when OH is on lates although he recognizes the car he don’t wait at the door but peeps round the kitchen door opening to see who it is before going to greet him.

My Great Protector ‘I DON’T think.
    :lol:
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    But Janet your forgetting Pepe is a toy/mini ? poodle they don't do bravery, they love being carried over puddles & hate getting wet. :D
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @6JRT's - Tina, I think Pepe is a standard Poodle. :confused:
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Thanks Malka didn't know what type of Poodle Pepe was as was going by avatar picture x:)
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Yeah - believe it or not he's a big, muscular Standard. He's not nervous at all - very bouncy and loves people and other dogs. It's just anything unexpected or potentially dangerous like sausage rolls or manure that cause him to panic!

I've had miniatures in the past, and they've been much braver than him!
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    How many different type of poodles are there Janet, I know there's toy, mini, standard & French.
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I think the term 'French poodle' is just an expression - they seem to be associated with France though they're more likely to have originated in Germany.

In the UK, we just have Toy, Miniature and Standard. Standards are anything over 15", though that would be a very small Standard indeed. Miniatures are between 11 - 15", and Toys below 11". But in the States, Miniatures are 10" -15" and Toys below 10". And to add to the confusion, some countries recognize a size between Miniature and Standard called a Moyen, between 14" and 18". And even more confusingly, some people refer to very large Standards as King or Royal (though there's no such thing - a bit like 'teacup' Chihuahuas.)
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Thanks Janet you see I often see adverts on pre loved advertising teacup, toy, mini, Standard & French poodles & was wondering just how many sizes/type of poodles there are.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    I really dislike the word "pre-loved" when used in connection to dogs. I understand that there are people who have excellent reasons for wanting to re-home their pets, but to me "pre-loved" sounds as if they once loved their dog but now want to re-home it because they no longer do.
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

That's one of my reasons to look on there Malka & see how many puppies that the breeder can't sell are on there & are advertised as "children scared of puppy must sell"
  14. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Malka and Janet like this.
    thats great, just like Phoebe. We had a melt down on walk last week because there was a sandbag on the pavement
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Again, I am not laughing, honestly I am not...

[​IMG]

16. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC, Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    Pepe is very shocked to hear about Phoebe's experience, and hopes that she is receiving counselling for it.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    [​IMG]

18. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    How do you manage to find something perfect for every eventuality? You are so clever!
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is knowing where to look and...

[​IMG]
  20. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Malka likes this.
    Phoebes ok, once mummy kicked it she came and had a look at it. Sadly that doesnt work where signs, flags and wheelie bins are concerned.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Pork1epe1 like this.
    I had to withdraw Eddie from his last Obed. class as he was frightened by someone carrying a white plastic bag - he couldn't look at or listen to me. This is the same dog that carries our plastic rubbish bags out to the bin every day or so.
    At the Beagle Welfare day he had to have a rest in the car to recover from watching the lure racing that all the other Beagles were enjoying, but he's OK with guns and fireworks.
    Confused - you will be!