Is she an Irish Staffy General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Sara1210, Sep 5, 2006.

?

Is she an Irish Staffy

Poll closed Sep 10, 2006.
  1. Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Staffordshire Bull Terrier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara

Is she an Irish Staffy

Hi all,

Ive put a poll on this thread because it would be interesting to see what you all think :grin:

Ill explain this as best as i can, but its confused me :?

When i got Tia from the staffy rescue, i was given her papers. Which i thought were normal kennel club papers till i looked at them. They are actually Intercontinental Kennel Club papers. :? I just assumed that was a worldwide kennel club :blush: but after putting the post on here about trying to find a pic of Tia`s parents, i realised that Intercontinental Kennel Club was an organisation that Ed Reid did himself.

I know Ed Reid used to breed Pitbulls, before they were banned. But apparently he also breeds Irish staffy`s.

Tia from the floor to her shoulder is 18 inches :?

Here is a pic of her papers, signed by Ed Reid:

[​IMG]

Did you notice the dates on here. Apparently she was registered on the 4th of Dec and born on the 8th :?

Here is a pic of her in the garden, sorry its a bit dark its the only one i have got of her standing up :grin:

[​IMG]

What do you all think? :)

To me it doesnt matter what she is, it would just be nice to know :grin:

And again if anyone knows how i could find a pic of her parents, that would be lovely :grin:

Sorry its so long :grin: but i am really confused :?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2006
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. thandi

thandi New Member

Name:
    Debs
    I know you must be curious, but if she were mine i would just love her for the gorgeous girl she is, and stop looking for papers/answers - you are already finding things that are far from kosher.

If it were me, I would burn the papers, and forget I ever saw them. I dont know what the rescue was thinking of giving them to you anyway, as they arent worth the paper they are typed on.

thandi
  4. Toby

Toby New Member

Name:
    Janet
    I cant comment as I dont know much about Staffies, but she is lovely which ever she is :grin: .

i understand your curiosity though, as I remember your first posts when you got Tia and your were worried her owner was going to want her back etc.
  5. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Those names dont ring a bell without a full pedigree you will never know but you cannot tell just by looking at a dog whether it is of Irish breeding, its not just a way to describe a tall Stafford the Irish Staffords were Staffords bred for performance (work) then sent over to the UK where they became popular. All can be traced back to KC working stock sent over to Ireland the Psycho strain has a little EBT but no more than some KC dogs have in their pedigrees (the dog Psycho himself was 1/16th EBT) it is of little significance today. As I said though without a full pedigree there is no way of knowing and to be honest a Stafford is a Stafford.
  6. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    can i ask how old the dog is as i know the man who runs the scottish irish bull terrier club and i could run those names by him if you like?
    did u see the sire and dam?
  7. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    The SCOTTISH IRISH BULL TERRIER CLUB :roll:

What the hell is that? Is it a new club or are you meaning the STAFFORDSHIRE and IRISH BULL TERRIER CLUB (SIBTC) :roll: :roll:

The SIBTC only register dogs/pups from registered parents I know this as my own bitch was registered with them 4 years ago: they are not associated with the IKC, as your bitch is not registered with the SIBTC then you couldnt trace her through them unless of course the names are well known but they are not names I recognise.

The IKC (ed reid - papers your dog has) will register ANY dog or crossbreed whether it has ten generations or none, so it could be that the parents are as far back as the pedigree goes, rather than asking people whether they recognise the names youd be best of contacting Ed Reid himself giving him your dogs registration number and asking him if he has any details of what is behind her (www.edreid.co.uk).
  8. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    oh dear i missed out the AND laura
    SORRY but im sure thier are bigger problems in the world ..... LOL
  9. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Hi Hayley,
    Thanks for your reply :grin:

She is 5 in December, i didnt see her parents as she came from a rescue :grin:

But any help would be really appreciated :grin:
  10. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    No that was not it you said SCOTTISH Irish bull terrier club (doesnt exist!) rather than STAFFORDSHIRE and Irish Bull Terrier Club.

At least if your going to give people information make sure its the correct information!
  11. stella

stella New Member

Name:
    esther
    Tia is lovely:grin:
    if i were you i would phone the contact number at the top of your paper. see what happens.
  12. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    did you get a ped' paper with her? if so post some of the dogs names and i can check them against mine to see if she has any of the same dogs in her lines!
  13. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    No unfortunately she doesn`t have pedigree papers, just Intercontinental papers :-(

Alot of people ive asked say that Ed Reid probably bred her as his name is signed on the papers and its his kennel name on them too. But ive emailed him but he hasnt replied, which seems a bit fishy to me :?
  14. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Sara :grin: I agree with Thandi , the papers mean very little. I doubt you will ever be certain what breed Tia is , forget the papers and enjoy Tia for the lovely little dog she is whatever her breed .:p
  15. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    He signs all the papers and his name is always on there somewhere as he owns the registry a bit like authentication of certificates he signs them all. If you want to PM me what details you have I will pass it on to somebody who speaks to him regularly hopefully can get an answer one way or the other.....I agree with others though, the dog makes the papers not the other way around:)
  16. Sara1210

Sara1210 New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Thanks Laura :grin:

Have PM`d you.

Im with everyone else, the papers dont really matter, its just curiosity :grin:
  17. nemasis

nemasis

Name:
    Jay
    Sorry for the very late reply here,but reading this and noticing your dog is a rescue means that those papers mean very little. As they may not even belong to that dog. It's like me geting an adult dog of someone and they give me papers with it. There is no way for me to know those papers came with the dog,so really you should forget about them. The only time a reg is good is if you know it is 100%,and that is up to each person to check out before buying a pup. Otherwise no matter what the reg is there is no garentee it is straight. You have a nice Staff and that is what is most important.
    Also Ed Reid would not of been the breeder,other wise the parents would be known.
  18. brodyblue

brodyblue New Member

Name:
    lora
    hi what colour is she? one of my dogs is ikc reg so if you have any names on it i could check with mine
  19. xxPoppyxx

xxPoppyxx New Member

Name:
    Poppy
    Theres no such breed as the Irish Staff its a name given to pit bull breeds as they are illegal.The breeders hide behind the name Irish Staff.

Please dont get me wrong I am not saying your dog is a pitbull I'm explaining the term Irish Staff, your dog most likely is a staffie or some type of cross breed.
  20. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    So sorry if this is very straight to the point... BUT... I know Ed Reid personally myself and the paperwork you have IS b@llsh!t and isnt worth the paper it is written on, and also, he most probably bred the dog himself and it is more than likely a p!tbull :?
  21. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I'm going to be blunt and to the point also..I'm no fan of Ed Reid and it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks as I don't think the OP owns the dog anymore.
    But when I see posters saying someones dog 'is more than likely a PitBull' that worries me a great deal, for all we know it could just be a crossbred dog and many have been mistaken for Pitbulls and put to sleep. It is not safe to throw accusations around on a public forum as you never know who is reading, would you like it if someone said your Staff x AB was a Pitbull on here? I doubt it.
    A little advice - the dog is a Staff cross ;)