Japanese Tosa Discussions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Japanese Tosa

Japanese Tosa

[Please Note: The Tosa is a banned breed in the UK under the Dangerous Dogs Act, and should not be purchased, bred or sold. This thread is for educational purposes only.]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    Are these dogs banned? I thought they were but there is guy on one of the free ad websites advertising them for stud. Am I wrong in thinking that they are banned?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yes they are banned under the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act (DDA). There are some crosses that are passed off as Tosa's but nobody has ever been able to back up their claims that they have a pure bred Tosa. Funnily enough the same people that I have seen advertisnig them in free-ads went on to advertise one dog in particular as an AmStaff then a Tosa and later a Mastiff Cross lol.
  5. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

I dont think youll find a real tosa in the UK even before the DDA 95% were cross they resemble Mastiffs so much that it is hard for the average dog owner to tell them apart only some1 that has owned and bred this breed would be able to tell what was a real Tosa Inu and what wasnt.