Just what I did not want General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Rugby1983 likes this.

Just what I did not want

Not that Tikva cared. Rafi came over with Shabbat offering... and a load of four small of his grandchildren who promptly fell on top of Tikki.

I know she is fine with children and I also know that Rafi would not bring then here if he was not sure. He and Tikki love each other. But she was covered by small children and she was so happy.

Problem was we had been dozing and when I heard the bang on the door and children calling, I did not want to get up!

But those little ones were so cute and Tikki was so happy, I guess it was worth it,
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    A great ending
    Would it have been better with a little warning .....probably not as you would have been worrying
    The problem is when you waken from a nap you usually feel groggy and I take a while getting back to my cheery self, so, I understand what you mean !
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yes, it does take me a bit of time to wake up, especially after a nanny nap but those small children love Tikki [not as much as she loves Rafi, little flirt she is.] And she really is good with small children, so I had no worries there.

They could not of warned me because they do not use the telephone on Shabbat - neither do I, but to my shame I do use my computer and lights. But I do not put my television or music, or cook on Shabbat. I guess you can call me hetzi hetzi - half and half.
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    My father’s parents kept kosher at home but would eat shellfish when they went out to eat... my parents did not keep kosher (they considered themselves reform) and I got to eat things like ham and bacon, meat with cheese, etc. Play hockey and soccer (you all call it football) and baseball on Saturdays. I tell people that I was raised Jewish but it did not take, lol. Once I had my bar mitzvah (at 13 for those that do not know) I had a conversation with my parents. It went something like “according to Judaism I’m considered an adult right? Well if I’m an adult I choose to not go to Friday night services...” We negotiated and I went once a month.. I’m closer to Buddhism if I had to choose something
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh Marc - I am not laughing :043: well maybe a little bit. I am Orthodox, my parents were Orthodox, and this is is an Orthodox Moshav but not ultra ultra. Mea Shearim it is NOT. If married women chose not to cover their head, they do not. It girls and women want to wear jeans and short sleeved/sleeveless tops, they do.The gates each end are closed on Shabbat and there are signs on the entrances that only emergency vehicles are allowed in [so why could the ambulance not get in for me that time?]

I keep Kashrut because that is what I have always done. And apart from anything else, all food in the macolet on the Moshav is very strict. The poultry and meat I get for Tikva and for myself, is also strictly Kasher and comes from a registered poulterer on the shuk. The people who run it live a few houses up from me.

So for me it is easy. If I want someone to buy things for me from the nearest supermarket, every thing is strictly Kasher so I do not have to think about anything.

Which means that if someone comes to eat in my home, or even just have tea/coffee and a cake, I can offer it without worrying.

Marc, maybe you will understand this, maybe others will not, but if you are one of us you will definitely understand it.

I am me. Known here as Juli. My Hebrew name is Yehudit. Yehudit bat Gittel Leah. And that is the name I will be laid to rest under when the time comes. Hopefully not for a long time yet.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Six little ones today, smothering Tikva.

And with the large family spending Rosh Hashana with Shoshana and Rafi, I reckon Tikki will be smothered for another couple of days.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Only six again today, but different ones! Shulamit and Rafi have X children, each having ? offspring, and they have a large house [brought from the Moshav with an unused large plot, with plenty of room for ? cars] so they have enough room for X of their own and ? of their grandspring to stay.

Today is the first day of Rosh Hashana - the second one due tomorrow. Today was Rafi's joy day - bbq day [Kasher if the coals are lit from an already light from a a long-lasting candle lit before Rosh Hashana started - usually an eight-day one.]

And what is the betting that Shulamit lets Rafi on the bbq again tomorrow! :005: