K.C breed standard's (over size) Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by bolty, Oct 22, 2005.

1. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    verry nice dogs :grin: love the red1 :smt049
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    saz kia is one of the best show staffies i have seen and loving the fact she 17 inches! but that makes her out of kennel club standards, cus i thought bitchs were 14 16 inches right?
  4. Saz

Saz New Member

Hayley do you mean Keisha or Kai ? lol
  5. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    lmao sorry lol keisha!

all 3 ur staffs are lush thou saz but keisha does it for me lol!
  6. Saz

Saz New Member

She does soo well Hayley as does Kai, this is why its not know anymore what standard is!! Sssshhhhhh but if the judges got out tape measurers there would be a hell of a lot of binned SBT's :lol: :lol:
  7. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    ohh lol, well i chose her any day! cus she beautiful, also her head shape shes ever so pretty!
  8. Saz

Saz New Member

One thing i love in a bltch is how girly they are, and Keisha is verrrrry girly lol not only in her looks but in her ways too, she my best friend :grin: thanx Hayley :grin:
  9. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    your welcome! bessie is girly too lol! makes me laugh!
  10. JP

JP New Member

Bolty, Louis was 9 years old in July :)
  11. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    thanks JP :grin: he looksgood 4 his age ;-) my dog is 1 and he is already going white around the mouth :shock:

Bolty
  12. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Wow i loove Keisha she really is a beauty, Love Bessie to hayley, she my girl love her coat and face !

Bolty Barney is only one trust me he will bulk up plenty you will see the change in him in the next 6 months. No probs there barney looks perfect i was the same with Dino but gradually they bulk up, usually they stop at about 3 years. so Barney ahs plenty of time to bulk up. Its natures way of letting there bones get used to the weight.

Heres Dino at 12 months on his first Birthday. The others are with his older brother George when Dino was 8 months old. As you can see his build when he was younger is much like Barney's at teh moment. Don't worry mate Barney looks awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is Dino as he looks now.

[​IMG]
  13. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    great pic Bobby-Digital but i am sorry to say that you cant say any dog will fill out as some lines stay like that, yes most sbts start filling out after they are 1 but some dont
  14. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Hi Bobbie, thanks yea i like the pics too. Ofcourse, obviously dogs are not all the same nothing is certain as i am sure Bolty knows. In general though Staffy owners with dogs at this age which included myself and Hayley are always worried that their dogs looking too leggy and slight at this age. All three of us prefer the leggier staffies anyday but they need a balance of height and width to look unmistakably like a staffy.
    While some don't fill out the vast majority do fill out to some extent. I would say the chances are in Barneys favour. Infact i think he is already started filling out from his earlier pics to his more recent ones. Whatever i think we all agree he looks like an awesome dog, can't wait to see

Cheers
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2005
  15. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    yes he is a nice dog
    i also have a young bitch that is only now starting to fill out and i also like the taller type. but my first every staff was tall and thin, all her life that is what she was like, ppl would say to me they dont stop till there 3 but that is what she stayed like, im just pointing out that some dogs even those from good stock will never reatch when you think they will
  16. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    just to make a point here
    my dog Leo is on the first page of this thread at 9 months old he didnt start filling out until he was at least 14 months, ppl thought he was a cross (i know he was not as i bred him) by the time he got to about 2.5 years he was looking good by the time he was 3 he was looking fab sadly i lost him a few months ago. now he was out of a litter of 6 we sadly lost 2, ended up with 2 dogs and 2 bitches, they come from taller type lines but both lines carried good chests and heads. as i said Leo filled out nicely 1 of his sister also filled out nicely, his brother was OK not the best but OK but his sister never filled out at all. she was a cracking pup but never made it any better, she is now coming up 4 and is very slight looking
  17. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    Great pics everyone!!
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    For me it is all a case of balance, I dont personally prefer taller dogs I just like well balanced dogs and I think with regards a lot of dogs this is where they fall short - whether a dog is 13" or 18" is of little significance to me as long as he is healthy, active and has no exaggerations (be that being oversized for his height, too short a muzzle, too big/wide a head etc) that is enough for me. At the moment there is a trend for shorter muzzles and wider heads which I dont think is particularly good for the breed but that is more about the breeders interpretation of the standard rather than the actual standard itself. Personally I would like to see the original standard reinstated to allow dogs up to a maximum of 18" I would hate to see the SBT become like the English Bulldog.

Cassy is 18" tall and 47lbs fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Kerrie

Kerrie New Member

Name:
    kerrie
    i love cassie she is so beautiful
  20. Saz

Saz New Member

I agree here, Kai didnt start filling out until he was 14 months, still going now!! Keisha is a slow maturer and wont fill out much more i dont think!!
  21. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    The mother & father of my staff bitch were built & acted like powerballs, the mother is a smaller scaled version of the father
    who I believe to be the most powerfully built staff I`ve seen in the flesh. I`m hoping my 11 month old bitch turns out like them, she`s a bit leggy & lean at the moment. She`s our first staff so can`t say I`m an expert on them, although I did my home work before purchasing her.