Labrador - Have you heard of this affix? General Chat

Discussion in 'Labrador Retriever' started by Hevvur, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nope no nerves touched here, not sure what you mean by that?

I havent looked at any videos, I said "pictures" go take a peek yourself. :002:

I intend to stick to terriers, with all the health issues in Labradors breeders like this Graeme make me cringe, not all hip scored, virtually no eye results, no mention of elbow scoring anywhere at all, plus other tests too, even if they are all done, his site promotes a mass producer of dogs with little regard to how he promotes them.

Most kennels that house a lot of dogs are in the country, its common sense, the noise would be an issue!:roll: As for all good breeders, when looking for your next lab, give me a shout, Ill recommend a couple that do ALL relevant health hests.:002: :001:

I also meant to metion re "good breeders" evidently Graeme sells littermates to people, NO reputable breeder would do that!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    I know of the breeders, have heard of a lot of very happy owners with healthy, happy dogs.

I have to admit i dont know the breeder, nor have i been to their kennels so wont comment on that as i agree with whoever said that you need to visit a breeder to get a true feel of them. A lot of puppy farmers in our wonderful breed have the most slick, professional websites, and a lot of the good, caring breeders have very poor websites. It tells you very little. If you like the look of the dogs and their lines, go see them and make up your mind!!

I cant say i have heard of this breeder showing or working his dogs. There are enough labradors in rescue to not need anymore being bred from unproven stock, so i hope i am wrong and i just havent come across them in any results. I do admit, im not too familiar with too many people who work their dogs, other than friends :D

If this breeder isn't testing hips, elbows and eyes as the minimum and preferably PRA too, then i would steer clear. Theres no reason not to do these before breeding
  4. havalab

havalab New Member

Name:
    labowner
    At last someone sensible.the kennels is in a village surrounded by beautiful country and it is definately not a puppy farm we had to wait a number of months for a litter - six I think
    They do have all the checks and proof, it just isn't on the web. I will pass this site to graeme as I think he may have a case for defamation and potential damage to his reputation........
    Oh and by the way when you see a lab laughing or smiling with a sunny disposition let me lknow it will be worth millions
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Please do. I hope it will prompt him to update the site and if the tests are done, to display their results, therefore promoting a better image. :002: :grin:
  6. Beanz

Beanz New Member

Name:
    Patsy
    Im just coming in on the end of this thread - by "littermates" do you mean more than one pup, i.e. two pups sold at anyone time? What is so wrong with that. If you have someone experienced in dogs and they want litter mates / siblings, can't see the problem.

B
  7. havalab

havalab New Member

Name:
    labowner
    Hi I didn't have a clue what she meant by litter mates- thought might have been some clever doggy speak for brother and sister. And no one would be goon enough to breed them unless they wanted two headed dogs! No honestly I have seen commercial puppy stores and graemes is as far removed from that as the moon.
    He is just not photogenic but his dogs are briliant- no I am not connected just had the experience of getting the best dog ever and we have had four
  8. Beanz

Beanz New Member

Name:
    Patsy
    Oh right see what you mean, inbreeding and line breeding - see should really read the whole thread!
    Glad you got a dog that you love and enjoy.
    B
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  10. havalab

havalab New Member

Name:
    labowner
    so why is it wrong to sell them??????????????????????
  11. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Well I am feeling in a particularly 'anti-human' mood today so I would just like to point out that IMO there are plenty of 'goons' in this world. There are examples on the news everyday.

And, even more horrifying is that a so called 'human' has actually made a 'two headed' dog (It happened in part of what was the USSR in the '60's IIRC) poor creature lived for about a week :evil:
  12. havalab

havalab New Member

Name:
    labowner
    OMG this site is funnier than you tube
    Just love it when doggy people get all serious.
    Two headed dog - get real it was a joke!
    Actually there was a two headed baby that you should be getting upset about.
    And I am sure there must be a dog with two d**** that I am sure will not be worrying.
    Have a drink and relax
    Even my lab has just started laughing. Oooh better film it for dawn who thinks graemes labs look sad on his site
    :)
  13. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    The site is for a commercial breeding establishment. There are no DNA tests mentioned, no pedigree information & the kennels are so clinical, the puppies appear to be in an enclosed kennel & there does not appear be any individual outside runs.

OK he states that the dogs are all tested for HD, but there are no Kennel Club names given so the scores & other health tests cannot be checked.

There is a linked horse breeding site(run by a relative I presume)which does given breeding & pedigree information.

They look like a very busy concern with the trailer business & dog breeding plus the horses !
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Oh yes ? do you mean conjoined twins ?
  15. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Yes, of course I know you were joking :) but unfortunately I was not, some inhuman monster by the name of Vladimir Petrovitch Demikhov really did make a two headed dog, you can see it (if you don't believe me) on page 124 of Bruce Fogels book 'A Dog Abroad' and it's one of the many reasons why I would not recommend this book to my worst enemy :!: and knowing what I do now, about humans, I'll not be bothering much about two headed babies.
  16. havalab

havalab New Member

Name:
    labowner
    This just gets funnier,I love my dogs but when you get ill it will be a human who looks after you a human that makes your clothes a human that builds your house a human that ......................... So when I hear you asking for an animal to do these things for you then you will see they are no where in sight. If you want to get that close to animals go live in the jungle this will help the animals with their food supplies.
    To say you don't care about humans is laughable we will see when you are old and alone.
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Interesting statement, would you buy from a breeder like this? That sells pups at just 6wks old due to the fact they sold the one the person should of had?

18. Beanz

Beanz New Member

Name:
    Patsy
    Glad you "smiled" after that Borderdawn!! Sarky...!!

Losos - that is too weird - what some peeps will do for money.

B
  19. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Ok I've read the entire thread but for some reason cant quote so in bo particular order
    A) Not al breeders are computer literate and although they may pay for a website it doesn't they have the facilty to add updates or indeed no how.
    B) If no knowledge of this kennel but before you all started slagging him off how about ringing and asking re health checks and basing your arguments on facts rather than pre conceptions.
    C) Please remember you are not only attacking a kennel but people choice in choosing a puppy. How the hell are we going to educate people if we go in all guns blazing and insult ever new puppy owner who's inadvertantly buys a puppy through ignorance, "softly, softly catch ee monkey" ring a bell anyone.
    D) I sold two pups out of the same litter to the same home last tiem and before you all jump I could have sold them seperatly I had a list of 8 missed out. Although they were novice owners her mum bred labs and she was brought up with dogs. she had taken early retirement at 48 and he worked part time. In my opinion they were more that capable of looking after and training two dogs (they'd booked training lessons as soon ads they came to see them.
    All my pups go with a 10 page booklet of instructions, the last page has various relevant reading materials and web links including here. I'm seriously considering removing it as some of you seem to have such a problem with dog breeders I'm not sure I want ny puppy buyers subje ted to it. (Theres already two of my buyers members on here who dont post because of certain members attitides).
    Oh and before you all start all my bitches and the dogs I use are health tested to the satisfaction of the KC and the breed clubs. In fact both my girls I've mated are below the breed average for their hips and are eye tested clear so i have nothing to hide.
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    If you pay for a website, then there is nothing stopping you paying for it to be updated, no excuse. A website tells the whole world about you, what you stand for etc.. if its not been updated then really if it isnt possible, the website should be pulled, otherwise threads like this will pop up and be open to critisism.

The videos and many photos are not inspiring and with the lack of health results, even if it is only because of the site not being updated, then it gives a bad impression all round in my opinion. Coupled with selling pups at 6wks because the one you were having was sold by mistake and you werent even told untill you went to collect it, doesnt make you want to buy from such a place. I have not at ANY point said that people are not happy with their Dogs, indeed it seem the "two" on here are.

Im not sure why you are going on about what you do, nobody is talking about you? There are other sites for your buyers to go to MS, nobody is making them come on here are they? perhaps more "suitable" sites could be recommended by yourself for them? :002: Nothing meant by that genuinely, but there are thousands of dog sites to go to. :)

If you sell two pups to one person, good luck to you, I dont know any in any of the breeds Im associated with that would ever consider it.

Its clear that there are a lot more than just me on this thread that feel the same as I do when viewing the site, however as a breed I was bought up with and subsequently involved in, rescue included, I do take more of an interest in them as I am very fond of them.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  21. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Im sorry Dawn, but that post just comes across as very petty...

Are you saying that everyone that doesnt have time to update their websites should just take them down?? You know, some of us have more important things to do than be constantly on the internet, like working and looking after the dogs!! My website homepage is kept as up to date as possible, but everything else i just update as and when. Does that mean that i should pull my website?? Thats ridiculous. A website is to show people what sort of dogs you own and breed and the type. For breeders, it can be used as a starting point for prospective buyers to then decide whether they will contact for more information about the dogs. I wouldnt be put off a website that was a little bare and in need of updating, i'd just do what normal people would and contact the person directly to ask my questions the website didnt answer, rather than make assumptions that because the information isn't there, it doesnt exist. If THEN there were no tests done or no dogs show/worked i would make the decision to look elsewhere. But to say that all websites that aren't regularly updated should be taken down is just stupid really!!

Also, that was a bit rude to say that MS shoudn't talk about her own dogs Dawn. This is a DISCUSSION FORUM. There are no set-in-stone rules to say what you can and cant discuss as long as you stay on topic, as MS was. She was giving her personal experience, WITH reasons. I find that a more sensible post than just criticising people without reason or personal experience.

You say you are "involved" in labradors.... As am i, more actively of course, and i can tell you a number of top breeders who will happily sell you two dogs from the same litter ;)

Morganstar - i think your post was very good personally. I like to read peoples PERSONAL experience related to a topic. We can all just blurt ideas out of thin air without backing them up with reasons and experience, but its always a better argument if you can prove you know what you're talking about :grin: