Lassie lookalike Photos

Discussion in 'Collie (Rough)' started by trude, Feb 19, 2013.

1. trude

trude New Member

Name:
    trude

Lassie lookalike

Got my dog at 17 weeks and was told she was a rough collie. The vet gave me a lecture on not seeing the parents etc. She has turned into a gorgeous dog and has the look of lassie. Whatever her breeding we love her loads.
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    I am not sure exactly what your post is asking. Are you just showing off your gorgeous girl or are you asking a question? If she's a rough collie, she should look like Lassie as that's what Lassie was...:017:

Anywhoo... she's lovely and i wish you luck with her. Welcome to the forum!!
  4. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Beautiful dog. Didn't understand at all the stuff about your vet giving you a lecture?
  5. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Especially as as you picked her up at 17 weeks but she's now a year old? :017: W as she a rescue/rehome?
  6. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Maybe Trude doesn't really understand the differences in Collie dogs.
    Many people call Rough Collies, Lassie dogs, not by their proper name. Trude may be thinking of Collies as the black and white Border Collie.

Often on here people are "told off" for not seeing the parents or investigating the breeding line. Perhaps that is what the vet was meaning.

Gorgeous dog what ever was meant :grin:
  7. trude

trude New Member

Name:
    trude
    took her to vet when got her as was under weight and poor condition just wanted to give her a checkup. Came from house where owners couldn't manage her as very nervous then. vet said couldn't be rough collie, must be border x! I do know that rough collies are like lassie tho British breed seem smaller, more stocky and the ones I have seen got denser coats. She is more like American version. Had a rough collie as a child tho that was a dog. Sorry didn't make myself clear, just showing her off and value feedback and opinions as to breed.
  8. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    I hope you don't use the same vet now, your dog is clearly a rough collie? I'd be concerned with a vet who didn't know his arm from his bum lol but you have a truly stunning girl there :007:
  9. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Ahh I see! Well you are entitled to show your dog off she is GORGEOUS!
  10. trude

trude New Member

Name:
    trude
    Thanks for that Zoeyvonne she is great and very friendly with all dogs and children. She also learns very quickly and is much more confident in new situations now.
  11. trude

trude New Member

Name:
    trude
    Thanks Tangutica
  12. Dobionekenobi

Dobionekenobi New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    I agree with Zoeyvonne. I would be getting a new vet. Not that it matters but she's clearly a rough collie. If she's smaller and her coat is less dense it's probably because she is underweight and in poor condition as you have said already!? Besides, what an idiot to give you a lecture when you have rescued/rehomed a dog.
  13. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    She is lucky to have found you, enjoy x x
  14. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    My dog actually falls within the size guidelines for min pins. However she is the smallest one I've ever seen and the smallest one anyone else has ever seen (apparently).

She was on death's door when I got her and obviously the runt of the litter (having met a brother of hers when she was still half dead). I put her small size down to that but hey what do I know? She's just MY DOG!

My CKCS was within (but at the low end) of the guidelines for size for that breed. I never met a smaller one. I was told this was because 'the breed was getting bigger and bigger' (some of them were almost as big as other spaniel breeds) she was also the PRETTIEST one I'd ever seen!
  15. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    What a beauty.

Well done for rescuing her and giving her a lovely home xx
  16. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Oh okay, as you say your post wasn't very clear but you have cleared it up now.
    I agree with Zoeyvonne that your vet wasn't so good!
    Hope we see a lot more pics of Cassie :grin:
  17. alfiesblue

alfiesblue New Member

Name:
    emma
    This dog is a rough collie.

There are some american stock used in the uk and some who breedto that type too.

Hope you enjoy being in the rough club.
  18. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    She's gorgeous. xx
  19. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    typical collie markings, not sure of eye and ear placement , seen similar on a bc x rc . but hey does it matter . she's found you and has the home she deserves xx more pics please :)

stupid vet another who thinks they know it all .