Lethargy Health

Discussion in 'Whippet' started by adrienne, Dec 11, 2020.

1. adrienne

adrienne New Member

Name:
    Adrienne

Lethargy

Hello! I have a whippet pup about 4 months old. I understand that between being a pup and the nature of the breed, Martin (my pup) will sleep quite a few hours of the day, but he has seemed to lose the pep in his step the past couple of days and his sleep seems less like happy naps and more like lethargy. He recently completed his vaccines and has started going to the pup park so he can run off leash and yesterday he barely even ran! Mostly just jogged around to meet the other dogs. He is usually a bit of a rough houser but yesterday he was also exceptionally calm.
    I'm hoping this is just him going through some phase or is worn out from too much play at the park earlier in the week. Any advice on whether I should I take him to the vet or wait a few days to see if he peps back up?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Adrienne - is Martin eating and drinking normally, also is he peeing and pooing normally. If so I would not take him to the pup park for a few days and see how he is. If, however, his normal habits change then I would have a word with your vet to ask whether you should take him in or not.
  4. adrienne

adrienne New Member

Name:
    Adrienne
    Hi Malka,

All of that is normal. Thanks so much for your advice!
  5. adrienne

adrienne New Member

Name:
    Adrienne
    He ate a 3" x 4" piece of fabric that was ripped from a toy....we found it in his poo! Right after he got it out he was back to himself and perky as ever. I can't help but laugh a little. I'm so glad he's ok and it passed, but I mean geez little guy. Babies and puppies really will put just about anything in their mouths. Can't turn your back for a minute!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Babies and puppies - yes! In the mouth it goes - I definitely would not want to go through that stage again!

I am so glad to hear that Martin is back to normal again, thank you for letting us know. Any chance of putting up some pictures of him to share with us please? :)
  7. adrienne

adrienne New Member

Name:
    Adrienne
    Malka likes this.
    This is my little Martin, CPA (Chief Puppy Accountant). For context, I'm an accountant and he is my little helper while I'm working from home.

Attached Files:

8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    adrienne likes this.
    Martin is such a handsome pup - and such eyes! I wonder what he is thinking about!
  9. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    adrienne likes this.
    I bet those beautiful, big eyes get him everything he wants :).

Gorgeous little pup
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    How cute is that photo? xxx