Lock jaw Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by bolty, Oct 22, 2005.

1. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    ah...that`d be where I`m going wrong then ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Even your own dog can turn on you when in fight mode, maybe not a full on attack directed at you but say if you grab its neck it could well turn and bite your arm wanting you to get off which if you have a bullbreed of any sort will fecking hurt. And also when a dog has a mouth full off other dog it can still breathe so fingers in nose is a plain dumb and I'd say dangerous idea lol.
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I had a bull terrier that went for my Longdog and I got him off with my hands, by just keeping calm and applying pressure to his jaws in the right place, and if a 17 year old 5ft 5 girl can do it anyone can (and it was not his fault that he went for my other dog, he had a autopsy and rage was confirmed) But the only reason that he never had a lock jaw was because he didn't have tetanus.
  5. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    what ? is that a joke ? lockjaw in this instance is the myth that a staffy's jaw locks when in a fight and that you cant seperate them....
    lockjaw the condition is related in humans with tetanus .....

I also have removed my dogs jaw from another - by putting my hand in his mouth, he has excellent bite inhibition and I put my hand in his mouth whilst he still had the other dog by the mouth and i touched the roof of his mouth with my fingers and he let go.

However it was a pekinese he had in his mouth and it wasnt fighting back as such so i suppose it was easier.

NOt mine or my dogs fault BTW - it launched itself at my dog when he was onlead crossing a road !!
    awful situation and one i dont want to be in again.
  6. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Yes its a joke, I know some people who think that they are hard so they start talking about their dogs lock jaw, so I ask them whether their dog has tetanus, and when they say no, I say so it can't have lock jaw can it, and the looks on their faces when that is said is priceless believe me, at that pount I then walk away laughing, as they can never think of something to say back lol.
  7. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    thank god - sorry I thought you might have been serious !! pmsl.....

:)

good answer !!
  8. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    No I hate the whole lock jaw myth, and think that the myth, as well as BSL needs burying somewhere very deep and horrible, along with the media of course.
  9. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    yes the media can stick the whole devil dog thing right up their you know whats
  10. charlie x

charlie x New Member

Name:
    charlie
    hi,

so do any of you know how to open a staffy's mouth once they have locked on?!? xx
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    They dont lock on!!
  12. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    have a read through the thread, charlie. :grin:
  13. charlie x

charlie x New Member

Name:
    charlie
    well instead of picking holes in how i have worded my question you could of just giving me answer... if you dont know then dont comment!
  14. charlie x

charlie x New Member

Name:
    charlie
    thank you xx:lol:
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Where did I pick holes, :? you asked how you get a dogs jaw open when it locks, , I simply pointed out in answer to part of your question, they dont lock.

I did not state the obvious as C&D did, becuase I wrongly assumed you had read the thread and ignored all the previous posts. and fixed on the old myth that a Staffies jaw locks.

P.S... somethign for you to learn here , dont tell people what they can and cant comment on.:?
  16. charlie x

charlie x New Member

Name:
    charlie
    First of all dont speak to me like that.. Today is the 1st day i have used this site and all i wanted was a little help and i get you being sarcastic and rude... And i was grateful to the other person who may have stated the obvious but probably realised that i know nothing about forums and threads etc... not that someone like you would consider that, as you would have to pull your head out of your **** to do so first!!!
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Speak to you like what ????? considering this is your first attempt at forums, you are not doing a bad job of being extremely objectionable and rude yourself.

You posted a question, I answered it, I was NOT rude, I simple stated a fact.

You are the one who then decided to get offended and start being sarcastic and rude...

If you are going to stick around forums for longer than one day, a little advice to you... stop behaving like a child, and stop getting all indignant because you dont like the way someone responds in a thread.

And it may help you also if you pull your own head down , into the real world and grow up... now if you want to take that as being rude... then so be it... another thing you may learn is you get back what you dish out...and all this because I answered your question with a short explanation:shock: :shock:
  18. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hey Charlie - I don't think JB's post was aimed just at you as she quoted 3 posts and was replying to them all. Also sometimes the written word come be a little void of emotion, so I wouldn't take it personally :)

Stick around, Dogsey is a nice place and JB is a big softy really :D
  19. charlie x

charlie x New Member

Name:
    charlie
    thanks i do try! lets just stay away from each other and behave like grown ups shall we, before things get really nasty... i dont plan on wasting my life sending spitefull messages back and forth... all i was trying to say is im new all i wanted was an answer to a simple question and you could of just ignored me but you just couldnt help yourself.. i find that childish!
  20. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    isnt 'lockjaw' what u get from tetanus? ;-) ;-) :mrgreen:
  21. charlie x

charlie x New Member

Name:
    charlie
    lol very good x :lol: