Looking for a good Mini Schnauzer breeder please! General Chat

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by angieh, Jan 21, 2011.

1. angieh

angieh New Member

Name:
    Angie

Looking for a good Mini Schnauzer breeder please!

Any advice/contacts about ethical breeders welcome and if there is any particular areas to avoid, please PM me.

I live on the Hampshire/West Sussex border. Many thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Angie you canot receive PM's until 20 posts. So post woman
  4. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Angie :) If looking a Miniature Schnauzer puppy I would first contact the Secretary of the SCGB ...
    e-mail: PatKidd@thekidds.demon.co.uk
    ..and request a list of approved breeders who have signed up to the breeders code of ethics (which includes having relevant health tests on their dogs ) , some people on the list may have litters with a puppy available.

Try ringing a few people on the list, although they may not have a litter themselves they may know of someone with a litter or one due. Don't be surprised if you get 'the third degree', good breeders are very particular to whom they sell their puppies.

Be prepared to wait for a puppy, good breeders rarely breed and don't have a constant supply of puppies and be prepared to travel :smile:

Beware of advertisements in the press for puppies for sale, these puppies may not have had the appropriate health tests and could have originated from a dubious source.
    Good luck :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  5. angieh

angieh New Member

Name:
    Angie
    Thanks Minihaha - see you have one of the delightful dogs yourself!?

I do have the list from SCGB - downloaded it yesterday. I understand about "getting to know" a breeder and not being impatient! I will steer clear of adverts too.