Looking for CKCS

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by bint, May 26, 2009.

1. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan

Looking for CKCS

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? My b-in-law has just lost his CKCS & is looking for a pup. I have no experience of them at all & don't have time to research for him as we're going away today. Both previous dogs were bought without researching the breeder/lines & both had health problems. Who is the best person to contact in the North East area please? They don't mind travelling. I'm worried they'll just go for the first available litter.
    Thanks in advance:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lilyput

lilyput New Member

Name:
    Enid
    It is very important that they research their next pup very carefully. I believe (plenty will keep me right here) that Cavs have some health issues.

If your brother in law is a responsible dog owner he should do this investigation himself and make contact with breeders who can, in turn, make sure that their pup is going to a suitable home. This will take as long as it needs to take.

If a rescue is his choice, then he must go down that route with the same dedication.

Sorry, but there is no short cut in buying a dog.
  4. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    No, you've got me wrong. I wanted a telephone number for a breed advisor so he could speak to someone who can help him choose wisely. I thought someone may know the right contact for him.
  5. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Humberside Mrs L Flynn 01205 760374
    Northern Ms S Smith 01535 636858

Also worth visiting the Cavalier Club site & reading/printing off the health issues
  6. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Brilliant thanks. Will pass them on.
  7. lilyput

lilyput New Member

Name:
    Enid
    My apologies.
  8. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    No probs, I didn't make myself that clear:)