Looking for long legged staff puppy Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by kez_j, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Can't echo what's been said enough,

Plus no two dogs are the same just because you have had no previous problems doesn't mean you won't get any this time around.

Totally agree on the this point,
    And the amount of SBT's and there crosses pts on a daily basis because they were bred "just because" and for no real purpose other than to line the breeders pockets.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    There are more than enough Staffies (and then some!!) looking for a home in rescue centres, which will fit your needs/lifestyle. Not always older dogs too, many rescue pups out there.
  4. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    Everyone has given you the absolute best advice. I can't stress enough the fact that if you seek out a so called breeder like you described you are just adding to the 20+ Staffies per day which are PTS with nowhere to go. Please please consider going to rescue, as a rescue member we mop up the effects of these breeders every day and by paying one of these people for an unhealth tested and bred with no regard for temperament or bettering the breed you are not helping the staffie situation.
    Your dog is a one off you cannot make that again even with the same idea, there are no guarantees especially if it's someone effectively breeding for money.
  5. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    There are some reputable breeders breeding staffords with an athletic "long legged" able phenotype rather than the IMO awful (sorry if I offend as I usually do) small squat Kc type.

But a reputable breeder wont breed for a certain colour especially blue!! And won't sale you a pup if that's all your after....if I was you I'd so as said as go round as many Rescue centres as possible as there full up with staff and staff xs.
  6. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I agree that there are some responsible breeders that prefer a bit more lift to their Stafford, but they will still health test and be breeding for a reason and colour will be the least of their worries.
    Not just because they can.