Looking for selective bred stud General Chat

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Tracie kavanagh, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Tracie kavanagh

Tracie kavanagh New Member

Name:
    Kavs87

Looking for selective bred stud

Hi I have a selectively bred female husky... a lovely little girl age 6 this year. I'd like to breed her but she is soooo selectively bred I can't find the right stud to sire her babies. I want to show her puppies now I'm at an age to do so. I was younger when I bought her... this would be her 1st litter..

Her blood line are ARTIKCHILLS X4: SNOHOMISHS X4: MCCRAKENS X3: THREEPONDS X3 ECT...
    CAN ANYONE HELP.... X
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I would suggest talking to the breeder you bought her from. They should have contacts and know of responsible breeders with available studs.
  4. Tracie kavanagh

Name:
    Kavs87
    I can't speak to her breeder as they were found to be a puppy farm....

They were prosecuted and all dogs removed... Lincolnshire Post 2018... (paper)
    So a hard one to actually get details for my little girl.
    Thank you for your reply.
  5. Tracie kavanagh

Name:
    Kavs87
    I came on here because I read a post YEARS ago, where someone was trying to trace a stud... gave ALL ancestors and info they had for their furr baby... and some lovely people were so helpful and helped the lady...

I'll contact the kennel club again later today.. thank you ALL in advance
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    If she was bred from a puppy mill, then I would NOT breed her.

First, many puppy mills fake papers and pedigrees.

Second, puppy mill dogs are not bred with any regard to health and/or temperament. So while your girl MAY be a great dog, her puppies could have issues.

Third, no reputable breeder with a stud will be willing to breed their male with a puppy mill female. And that leaves you breeding to a backyard breeder or puppy mill male.

If you are interested in showing, I would suggest buying a new pupp from a reputable breeder and spaying your female.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    At six years old, she is more likely to have more complications during pregnancy and birth. Personally, I wouldn't put a dog through it at that age

Puppy mills are brilliant at forging papers and it would be extremely rare to find a pup with an excellent pedigree from such a source
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is unlikely that you will be able to trace your Husky's breeding if you weren't given the correct documents when you bought her. A pedigree is easily forged, and if the place she came from is the one that made the papers when all the dogs were removed by the RSPCA and The Dogs Trust, they were dealing in dogs that had been placed with them for rehoming, and smuggling n vanloads of young puppies from Europe. Please do not breed from her, as you will not find a responsible stud owner who would agree to a stud. Also, as @Chris B says, she is on the elderly side for having a first litter.
    If you want another Husky for yourself, use your time and money to research and buy one from a responsible breeder. Either go to a couple of Championship shows and talk to fellow Husky lovers, or contact the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain for further advice.
    Https://siberianhuskyclub.org.uk