Looking for Victorian Bulldog breeder... General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by will7, Jul 25, 2009.

1. will7

will7 New Member

Name:
    Will

Looking for Victorian Bulldog breeder...

We are looking for a male VB pup.

Could anyone help us get in touch with reputable breeders.

Thanks

Will
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I've personally never met one these dogs, so can't recomend anyone. But, here is the link to the victorian bulldog association, try contacting them, they maybe abled to point you in the right direction. I'm sure that someone on this site with more knowlege than me will be able to help you more.

Hopefully it won't block the link.

http://www.victorianbulldoggeassociation.com/

If you don't mind me asking, what has drawn you to the victorian bulldog.

Good luck in your search.

Now, I'm off to have a read up on these dogs.
  4. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    These Dogs ARE NOT Victorian Bulldogs
  5. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Genuinely curious, whats the difference between the victorian bulldog you mean, and the victorian's in that link.

Also, what is the difference between those 2, and the dorset olde time bulldog, with regards to health, temperament, history etc.

I think its great, that people are breeding back the old type bulldog, jmo, but I think they look a lot better than the moddern one.
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

I think there are so many alternative types of Bulldogs these days it's hard to keep up with what is called what.

My guess is what got kinzy123 rilled is the word "old" in front of "Victorian Bulldog":? not sure just a guess, would be interesting to know what the difference is though!!
  7. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    So far, I've found the:

Dorset old/olde time bulldog
    Old/olde English bulldog
    Victorian bulldog
    Olde/old victorian bulldog
    Medieval bulldog
    Australian bulldog
    Olde/old bosten bulldogge/bulldog
    Titan bulldog...
    and a headache.:grin:

I would really like to know what differenciates these breed/types from eachother, of course there are some physical differences, but I want to know more than that.
  8. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    the difference with OVB and VB is they are totally differ breeds, different dogs used in the make up,VB,s have been around longer in the UK, a breeder called carlos woods only put the name to his dogs over 8 years ago,first calling them Victorian bulldogges, then adding the olde as it upset a lot of VB enthusiasts, after all his dogs were named OTB,s before this,so there is history...there are quite a few alternatives some established lines some not, the make up in lines is the big differ,sorry but i will not comment on other lines apart from the VB as this is my breed, commenting on other breeders lines and what is in them,although known opens a whole can of worms, breeds used in the VB are KC Bulldog,DDB,BM and SBT, dogs are roughly same size as KC bulldog but not as exaggerated and a bit more length to leg,only new blood added in last 20 odd years has been KC bulldog blood,Ken Molletts ambition,having been a KC Bulldog breeder was to create the early type show dog ,fitter, more athletic, just a notch up in every department, my dogs self tie,self whelp and can run play as long as you want.With the new changes in KC standard i find it ironic it gets very close to the VB standard
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    That was interesting thanks. I can appreciate you not wanting to talk about other peoples breeds and lines.

Would you be able to post some pics of your dogs.

Also, you say the new kc bulldog standard is similar to your breeds, in what ways is it the same/similar, and how is it still different.
  10. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    you will see some pics of my dogs on here i think, i did post pics of my last litter when 4 weeks old on here,but admin removed pics due to thinking i was advertising although all the pups had new homes to go to at 3 weeks old,So its not a forum i will post pics anymore, dont mind helping people out on my breed,type in victorian bulldog foundation in google and you will find our standard and you can judge standards, sorry i cant help more.....dont want to put links up as people might be paranoid i am advertising.lmao
  11. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    how many of the breeds listed in this thread are kc reg?
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    None, I dont think.

Also would be interested to see what health scheme they follow for all these breeds!!
  13. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Ok, fare enough. Will look them up on google as you suggested.
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Victorian bulldog foundation

There does not seem to be any mention of health testing in the goals for this type of dog!!:?

Will be intersing to see if you can find any relevant health screening for these dogs!!
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    No, I don't think any of the breeds I've mentioned are kc reg here, don't know about other countries.

There is also the alapaha blueblood bulldog.
  16. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Off to see what I can find.
  17. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    No, nor could I, there is a code of ethics, but in no way does it mention health screening of potenal breeding dog:?

Maybe kinzy123 fill us in on health screening as he is a breeder??

I think there are so may variations of "Bulldogs" its a bit of a mine field to be honest
  19. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Am I right in thinking that most of these breeds are pretty new - invented breeds from crossing other dogs into bulldogs??
    If this is the case can I ask do these dogs now breed true to type or are there still mixes being added?? Is there full records of all the dogs used to make the mix?? What level of inbreeding is there - and how many puppies didnt make the grade in the matings and were not considered to 'type' and what happend to them?\were they culled? remained in the breeding programme or were neutered and kept as pets??
  20. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    None wont speak for other lines but the Vb has 2 registries the VBS and the VBF with a complete datbase of dogs.5 generation pedigrees are given with dogs. In 2000 when the creator Ken Mollett was still alive KC reg was applied for but not given and told to come in back in 2 years time with complete datbase of dogs, never did reply but the database in place now is 4 times the size required on dogs.Having our own registration lets us determine the standard and not bowing to a dictatorship
  21. kinzy123

kinzy123 New Member

Name:
    john
    your question is answered on other thread