Looking to have puppies from my GSP General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Robert Sugden, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Robert Sugden

Robert Sugden New Member

Name:
    Robert

Looking to have puppies from my GSP

My GSP, Odin, is 5yrs old and is a beloved family pet and shooting companion.
    He is originally from Katelands Gundogs (I believe the last litter that was produced) and I was very fortunate to get him.
    He has an unbelievably calm and steady temperament both at home as well as in the field and there has not been a day shooting that he has not been with me and impressed the beaters and pickers-up.
    I desperately want to have a puppy from him and am hoping that someone on this forum is looking for the same from their bitch.
    Finding local homes will not be an issue as Odin is well known and I would be happy to manage the puppy process at home to alleviate any effort required by anyone else.
    Please do get in touch if of interest. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best, Robert
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Please don't.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    If your dog is well known and a proved worker, your own working contacts would be a better prospect than looking for a bitch of random pedigree - just because she is the same breed.
    The working section of your breed club will give you good advice based on experience, but most serious breeders have cut back on their breeding plans this year. Puppies are sticking longer than the usual eight to nine weeks, due to the glut of post-Covid juniors which are causing the rescue charities to burst at the seams.
    GSP's can have large litters - which take lots of space, food, management, and sometimes vet bills!
  5. Robert Sugden

Robert Sugden New Member

Name:
    Robert
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you, very helpful.