Loose stools - always Diet

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by Mrs Christina Parkes, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Mrs Christina Parkes

Mrs Christina Parkes New Member

Name:
    Tina

Loose stools - always

So I've followed up suggestions previously given to me regards Lily's diet. Her skin and coat stains.

She no longer has the orange stains although she still licks a lot.

I discontinued the Bakers kibbles so she's no longer gobbling her food and chucking up then re-eating it.

I have her on grain free Butchers tripe. I add carrots and green beans, cooked not raw. She enjoys it.

Her stools are very wet, not diarrhoea, but still too loose.

I have difficulty picking every last scrap of her poops up on the highway, grass verges, fields. Not nice to leave any of it behind because other dogs may tread on it whilst having their walk.

I was advised to give her Stool Firm by VetIQ. It has Pectin & Pumpkin in it amongst other things.

Lily is healthy other than these loose stools.

Any ideas of what I can add to her diet please?

Many thanks. Tina
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I was going to suggest pumpkin but your vet already did. I’d definitely give that a try. When my dogs have had digestive issues I gave them pumpkin, and they loved it, and it helped.
  4. Mrs Christina Parkes

Mrs Christina Parkes New Member

Name:
    Tina
    Thank you for your suggestion wow... perhaps I might buy a fresh pumpkin if they are available in our shops at this time of the year. Tina