Male Bichon spitting up Questions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Partsman41953, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Partsman41953

Partsman41953 New Member

Name:
    Glenn

Male Bichon spitting up

Hi all,

I have a 6-year old male Bichon Frise, a 4 year old female Bichon Frise and a 15 year old female cockapoo. My problem is when I put all 3 dogs in their pens when it is time for them to eat my male Bichon (Toby) just stares at his food as he knows if he holds out long enough I will let him out of his pen, which is my fault, so he can eat his "sister's" food, our 15 year old cockapoo. I feed them all the same food, Kirkland's small dog food, which they like, but for some reason Toby at times will spit up. I know he eats fast as he thinks he might be missing something and I give them all a reasonable amount of time to eat but not sure why he is doing this. I told the vet the last time we were there and he really did not have an answer. I do not know if I should change food for him and just leave him in his pen until he gets hungry enough to eat or just what to do.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I would be tempted to feed Toby in another room, where he is not going to be distracted by the girls eating their food. If he still just stares at it, pick it up and let him wait until the next mealtime. If he gobbles and regurgitates, try splitting his meal into smaller portions, or maybe add some moisture.