Malinois issues!! Help! Questions

Discussion in 'Working Dogs Forum' started by suaveflooder, Aug 21, 2020.

1. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    CaroleC likes this.
    Please don’t!! The more opinions the better!! I would rather catch this stuff early and have a healthy, long living pup :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    @Malka.....we are making this happen

(in no rotational order)

Attached Files:

4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    What lovely pictures of Willow and her friends! Thank you Brian for sharing them with us. How is she doing with the toilet problems - or should I not ask.
  5. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    ha!! Better. Not perfect, but that is not expected for a bit. She seems to be holding stool longer, so they are more firm and not as often! Mistakes in the crate are down to once or so a day. I’ve REALLY been focusing on just getting her out and about into new activities so socialize her as much as possible. So car rides, people, other dogs, strange places, etc. she gets to meet my cat today (while she is still smaller than he is. I was able to get him and my old husky to tolerate each other and that’s the only goal here. I don’t expect them to be best friends, especially with willow’s pray drive, but it would be nice if she just left him alone)so this will be interesting ha

I truly appreciate everyone’s help and advice!!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is difficult to imagine that Willow is still smaller than a cat, but then Tikva is not much bigger than one, even at her current [over]weight of 8kg.
  7. suaveflooder

suaveflooder New Member

Name:
    Brian
    He is a BIG cat haha! I’ll see if I can get pics of them next to each other. I would say that they are about the same size, but the cat has about 5 lbs on her
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am hoping that Tikva will have lost a bit of weight when our vet next comes round to give her her Parkworm shot - I need to check but she is also due for her yearly booster as well. Ram will know though and he will make sure he has everything when he comes here. He has to weigh her to know how much to draw from the Parkworm vaccine vial.

It seem unbelievable that she is now 8 kilos [she is going on a diet for sure as I would like her to lose at least half a kilo] - she was just 450gm when I brought her home at three-weeks-old. When I think that Pereg was still considered as small to medium at ~20kg [she was a couple of kilos overweight due to her medication] I suppose that 8kg is not really that much.