Malinois Pitbull mix - very rare dog breed! Anyone else with similar? Photos

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by mrmueller, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Ryanna lafferty

Ryanna lafferty New Member

Name:
    Ryanna lafferty

My dog looks very similar to yours! We got her from the shelter in August of 2019 on free shelter day beautiful little baby.
    We really believe she was being trained, she can sniff out drugs, she jumps in and out of cars, through windows... and how the cops train their dogs with the people that have those massive paddings on the arm, she will try to do that with you and she's very protective on a leash and very alert.
    She loves other dogs though when when she's on a leash it's like she goes into work mode. She's very protective, jealous, smart, and very gentle dog until she gets hyper. We believe she's a Belgian Malinois pit mix because of all the characteristics and behavior they share. I've never seen anything like her before until I started searching up different mix breeds and one site showed Belgian Malinois pit mix and it matched right up with her. I'm hoping to get a dna test to find out exactly what she is.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kakky

Kakky New Member

Name:
    Kathryn Dutchak
    Hey! We just rescued a stray from Tijuana and they thought he was a German shepard but his temperament was leaning towards belgian mal..we were still confused but these descriptions seem familiar. He's honestly an amazing dog but there is a bit if a sassy side we know we are going to have to be on top of. Very smart, sweet and fast but holy get ready if you adopt a dog like this he is more like a co pilot

Attached Files:

4. Kakky

Kakky New Member

Name:
    Kathryn Dutchak
    Here is a few more pics... he was super malnourished when we got him, I think the amount of bonding love I felt with him was instant. I think what was different was that as a mal I was expecting that intense attachment style thet are known for, but instead of it feeling like a full blown work relationship he's a bit more willful and goofy. So you have the focus and intensity of a mal but it's not so driven, more pig headed and gruff. He is def good with picking up on feelings and issues like a police dog would. I had him for three months and he brought me a glove from outside I had forgot about. I asked him to get the other one and he went to go get it and bring it back. He also stopped at a car once and inspected it three times, not letting me leave it too long. I later wondered if it was somebody who had been looking for me because of the stuff that was inside was oddly familiar. We live out in the country so his ability to pick up the wildlife at night is supersonic.I almost think this might be some sort of sub breed of the mal that might originate from certain areas, I know some breeds look different depending on where they are from maybe in s. America? ...thoughts? He def seems extraordinary for a dog but also just so hard to place his features. He has a big head but huge intelligent eyes and a long neck

Attached Files:

5. Jennavee

Jennavee New Member

Name:
    Jennavee

Not sure if your still part of this sight but I just adopted a BM/PB mix, she's 42lbs and her ears are pointed straight up lol. Her name is Stella and she's 2. Best dog I've ever had or met. She's just perfect, loyal, obedient, smart as hell, neurotic, couch potato in the house and a lunatic outside. My absolute favorite thing in life is this dog. 326577356_655272513018424_4117549346262892117_n.jpg
  6. Krissep95

Krissep95 New Member

Name:
    Kristen
    Hi! We have the sweetest baby who is listed as Pit Shepherd mix from the humane society where we got him but we are thinking he also may have malinois. Were getting the DNA kit soon. He’s loving, playful, very loyal, and protective but not aggressive. Looks very similar to your girl!

Attached Files:

7. Krissep95

Krissep95 New Member

Name:
    Kristen
    Hi! We have the sweetest baby who is listed as Pit Shepherd mix from the humane society where we got him but we are thinking he also may have malinois. Were getting the DNA kit soon. He’s loving, playful, very loyal, and protective but not aggressive. Looks very similar to your girl!