Malinois pup or mix General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by SusanA, Aug 1, 2018.

1. SusanA

SusanA New Member

Name:
    Susan

Malinois pup or mix

Hi, I adopted this little pup from the animal shelter at 8 to 10 weeks. They said she was a GSD mix. As she has gotten older, more and more people tell me she looks like a Malinois. It really doesn't matter to me. She is a super sweet girl, and very smart whatever she is. Just curious if she might be pure. Thanks 15330983869921115781949.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Susan [and your lovely pup] and welcome to Breedia from Tikva and from me :039:

If you love her [what is her name?] that is all that matters, pure/mix or not. I am no expert but many here are, so hopefully someone will come alone soon who can give you advice.

But thank you for having adopted her. Such a sweet little girl
  4. SusanA

SusanA New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Thanks for the welcome Malka. Her name is Rosie and she is very much loved. By the way, your pup in your avatar looks just like my 15 year old Shepherd mix, Jenna, that just passed. Beautiful dog.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you for calling her Rosie - a rather special name to me. My beauty in my avatar was my beloved Pereg who I lost to epilepsy far too soon. I just cannot change her picture in my avatar because she was my girl - just 6 years and 3 months young when I had to give her peace My beloved girl who was a mutt of no known origin. And around plus or minus 20 kg mostly from her condition and her meds.

Tikva was named that because Tikva means "Hope" and she had her name before she was born and before I knew her. In the Hope that the Monster would not come visit her but I do know her background - momma a Dachshund and poppa a Minpin [accidental whoopsie] and she was three weeks old. and 450-500 gms - unweaned and and had to be bottle fed every couple of hours...

...and is now a 3 years old mini-monster who I love.
  6. ShawnM

ShawnM New Member

Name:
    Shawn
    CaroleC likes this.
    She definitely does look like she has some Malinois in her; paws look a bit small to me though to think pure breed. We have 2 pure breed pups, around the same age as your pup that the wife is looking to find new homes for and 3 adult pure breed dogs...love the breed personally.

Pure or mix, looks like you have a beautiful girl that will give you years of loyalty and love.

Shawn
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You could try a DNA test if you wanted to be reasonably sure of the breeds in her make up. The tests are a lot more reliable than they were a few years ago.
    Personally I would just love her for what she seems to be - a stylish mixed breed puppy. She is a very pretty girl.