Manchester Terrier - all info welcome. General Chat

Discussion in 'Manchester Terrier' started by Kazz, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen

Manchester Terrier - all info welcome.

Okay does anyone on here have a manchester terrier or know anything about them saw and touched one today but I was picking up my niece so did not have time to talk. Anyone have any info on them - good family dogs? easy to live with? faults? health issues? all info welcome I really like the one I saw today, very smart dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    The lady I used to work for, bred, showed (and worked) them.

They are terriers though and through. Some I have met have been lovely - others not so much. Most (I have met) have been quite picky about strangers, but very affectionate once they know you.

Ones I have met have been very toy and food driven.

Great for agility/obedience, very agile little dogs.

Zeff in his element with them! He had some good zoomies playing with them :) (Even the entire boy).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Ive a friend who breed shows & does agility with them.
  5. paddyjulie

paddyjulie New Member

Name:
    jue
    love your pictures Tassle

I have chester who is a ten week old Manchester Terrier..he is a right hadful, but so sweet with , he has all the traits of a terrier....just plain bonkers:grin: :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen
    He looks scrumptious Awwww, and your Bullie is doing the perfect BT hard done by pose there. All put on. ;)

Have you had MT before? if not what drew you to them and what makes you go back if you have?
  7. paddyjulie

paddyjulie New Member

Name:
    jue
    He is our first, we seen them on discover dogs years ago and thought they were lovely ..we have always liked terriers , and as we have not had much look health wise with bullterriers we decided to try something different..we looked and looked at different terriers but we always came back to the Manchester .I am hoping to do something with him like agility something my daughter can be involved in
  8. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    We had one at our agility class-nice dog. I did envy the owner when I considered her grooming regime compared to mine!

I guess you would get lots of people asking are they miniature Dobermanns? :shock:
  9. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Hmm...I would guess I might know that one.....(May even have been one in the pictures). Verdi?