Mr & Mrs Wolf Tonight on 5 Shaun Ellis! General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Helena54, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena

Mr & Mrs Wolf Tonight on 5 Shaun Ellis!

Just noticed it starts tonight and has a series link, looks pretty good too!:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dori-katie

dori-katie New Member

Name:
    Sarah-Jane Ruthwell
    I am having to down load Holby on Iplayer (this is un heard of ;-)) tonight just so I can watch it :grin:
  4. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Well watched it
    Nice to see the wolves again and funny to watch, but the science behind it is, errm, flawed
  5. Asti

Asti New Member

Name:
    Alison
    I watched it, wasn't it brilliant, I was fascinated! My God that Shaun's girlfriend was brave, you wouldn't have got me in that enclosure with all them wolves. When that top wolf wouldn't leave so the camera woman could get out I nearly died!! I thought "oh my God, what are they gonna do", again the girlfriend was so brave going in with Shaun and getting her out.

I can't wait for next week's programme when Shaun faces that top wolf again to prove he is still to be accepted as one of the pack.

What a brilliant programme. If any of you missed this you really missed something good. Top marks to it!
  6. MissE

MissE

Name:
    Pat
    I watched it, kinda horrified. I think the man is seriously off his trolley. Won't be watching again.
  7. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I dont see the point to be honest, bit of an ego trip IMO
  8. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    My thoughts exactly. Who in their right mind would put their girlfriend in a dangerous situation like that, and what for? If he wants to get hurt then that is his choice, think this man is on a suicide mission. The part I don't understand is they obviously got the camerawoman in there so where were the wolves then. I am sure he could have lured the wolf into another pen with some food, but I suppose it was all done to dramatize the programme. :roll:
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    These are the Wolves CR want to cross with dogs!
  10. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    For heavens sake why? It really beggars belief.:evil:
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yeah I know and his "Wolf lady" isnt even with him anymore, she left!
  12. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    I don't blame her, probably if the wolves had a chance they would do the same.
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    :044: :044:
  14. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    I watched and thought it was very interesting to learn about the pack behaviour etc - but he is a bit egocentric.
  15. Asti

Asti New Member

Name:
    Alison
    Oh dear, maybe I was wrong to think the programme was so brilliant :blush: I must confess I don't know much about wolves. I didn't realise his girlfriend has now left him, I'm not surprised to be honest, I certainly wouldn't have been forced into doing half of what she did. I still found it interesting all the same.:)
  16. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    I didn't watch it and wouldn't want to. I would watch a David Attenborough's programme about wolves in the wild though because I love Wolves :grin: .

Do I want to see them humanised, misunderstood and degraded by humans? No thank you :-( . A wolfs place in in the wild roaming across hundreds of miles of land, to me to enclose them unnecessarily and to deny them their natural birthright is just cruel :-( .
  17. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    i didnt watch it as i dont like the man and dont see the point, as said, im sure if the wolves could leave they would...lets see him do it with a wild pack, see how he gets on their.

with regards to him wanting to cross with dogs...anyone know what breed...and how it would be done? ie. AI?
  18. chaosjoey

chaosjoey New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    I must admit I thought it was interesting but didn't really see what point he was trying to make. If it is that he has managed to integrate himself into a pack of wolves I don't buy that. The pack is not in the wild and so has been humanised to a certain extent. He claimed his role was to be "mediator" however in theory he was trying to be "alpha". He could come and go as he pleased and also was trying to tell the other wolves what to do (e.g. scenario where he was trying to get the alpha male out of the enclosure to get the camerawoman out of the hide). In a wild pack of wolves, that would never happen - mediator telling alpha what to do not camerawoman getting stuck in a hide!!! ;-)

Just my opinion of course!! :grin:
  19. shakeela

shakeela New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    Am I right in saying that the girlfriend could only be integrated into the pack if she could act as a nanny?

I don't get it. Seems strange to allow cubs to be produced just to get a human into the pack.
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Never watched it..but heard he got bitten..obviously wasn't hard enough if its on next week again!!..
  21. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Well I taped it so haven't watched it yet, so will give my view when I've seen it. I've only ever seen a tiny snippet of this guy on our local news once I think and he did seem a bit mad to me, but whatever floats your boat!

From what I'm reading here though, he's got his own pack fenced in then? How is he allowed to do that then? You just go and capture a load of wild wolves and fence them in???? Surely not?:?