My British Inuit pup - any other BI owners? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by punkykrista, Jul 12, 2007.

1. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    I wasn't refering to anyone but everyone in general. both sides and are as bad as each other.
    I agree the breed has been F'd up like many other breeds around today.
    As for asking the NI people to prove you wrong. They can't because you are right it has all been about the money (well most of it) so why go over the same ground. As i was trying to say if someone pointed out all the flaws of your dogs over and over again you just feel bitter to that person.
    I love the look of the huskys/mal type dogs but couldn't handle them ( I have a lot of metal work in my leg so when it's cold i can't walk too far) so when I saw my mates NI and heard they don't need to be worked/walked as much I wanted to know more but after 2 searches and 1 post on here i decided not to ask any more info.
    I must say though some people were helpfull like yourself but having to read over the same rubbish page after page to get to someone that wants to help is annoying.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    Bah i hate dyslexia by the time i have typed a post and checked it there are other posts up saying the same thing lol
  4. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Monosyllabic take a look at the elkhound, they will take what exercise you can offer but will not need nearly as much as you think. OK they don't look like a wolf they look like an elkhound but they look just like the working ones do in their native country and just like they did 100 years ago. Just a square looking dog with a leg at each corner.
  5. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    I have had a look at the Elkhound before. I have a friend that has one and a finnish lapphund and I liked them but they never clicked with me if you know what i mean. Really I like all dogs (except toy dogs lol) and would fall in love with them all if given half the chance but something clicked when i was out with my mate and his mate with 2 huskys and a Northern Inuit. I really have to wait till my pin and plate is out then i can really decide on what dog we are going to get.
  6. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    hi monosyllabic,
    to be honest there are some good inuit breeders around and if you like them then go for it, i have a BI and she is brill
    so please don`t be put off by what you here.
    Come on folks i rearly thought you were all past this bickering, it`s like ground hog day on here.
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Ground hog day..

Yeah that would be US asking questions and the NI people not being able to give answers or just taking a stab in the dark
  8. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Yep I honestly don't get why they are so overlooked. They are a stunning breed. If I want to go for a long walk, Loki is happy to come. If it's a horrid day or I'm unwell, he's not fussed. He'll just cuddle on the settee. He is the most easy to please dog I could imagine. I get tired just thinking of Huskies and Mals!
  9. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Louise13
    I`m not going to get into a stupid row with you over the same thing i actually own a Bi, i know you have been on the cry wolf site and agreed with loads of stuff that has been said on there. So please just don`t dis inuits as like i have said there are some rearly good breeders out there. This person likes inuits so why are you trying to put her off?
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Samoyeds I think are very like Elkhounds..Seiko would happily laze all day or would go out..(I miss my wee man :-( )

Whose getting into a stupid row!..PLease tell me the last time I was on the cry wolf forum..or the last time I posted on it..

Why are you sticking up for them?? can't you open your eyes and SEE whats going on for yourself..

And she is actually a HE
  11. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Well EXCUSE me for making a mistake, RE: HE or SHE.
    To be honest why don`t you go talk to other mal owners and leave the inuits alone. Or is your life so boring that you have to concern yourself with a breed of dog that you don`t like and are so sad that you have to try and steer people who like the breed and would rather have a inuit than a mal, so as the older generation would say "if you don`t have anything nice tto say then don`t say anything at all"
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Actually just checked the other forum.. You have 61 posts I have 24.. seems like you have posted more than I have!! ANd you joined 2 days before I did!
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

LOL...

I do talk to other mal owners..both on here and on my own forum..and have spoken to a couple on the phone tonight too.. fancy that:roll:
    Leave the inuits alone?? WHY?? so more stuff can be brushed under the carpet and more unsuspecting owners can be sold dogs that aren't what they seem
    My life is wonderful thanks for your concern..

I don't think its sad..I think its giving people forewarning..have you never heard that saying??

Maybe the people who have NI can't handle a Mal... BUT I would rather they didn't go into the breed unsuspecting..

ANd if I have something to say I will say it..whether its nice or otherwise.. I would rather be truthful than tell lies or sit idly by while someone makes an uninformed choice
  14. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Ok gotta say I think NIs are wonderful dogs and its not the dogs I have the issues with its the breeders and the lies.
    I love the way my Kato looks and behaves yet has taking much hard work on my part.
    I dont see why this is turning into a Mal versus NI contest?
    And there are probably are some ethical breeders out there but please dont give your money to the bad ones.
  15. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Don`t you listen i have a BRITISH INUIT not a N.I
    And as for honesty you rearly need to be aware as to who you are talking as you don`t know what jobs people hold down. There could be people on here who hold down jobs you wouldn`t even expect of them.
    I for one am a very honest person and have to be due to the nature of my work, i`m not a breeder so i rearly don`t need to brush anything under the carpet, and as for handling a mal i`m sure in my line of work i rearly could do that believe you me.
  16. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Well said kcjack, i agree with you and like i keep saying i DON`T own a N.I, i don`t want to argue with anyone but it would appear louise13 is up for a row,
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL what has crawled up your kilt???

Does Rearly mean Rarely..or really??? cos twice you have posted rearly and it doesn't make sense..

You are the one banging on about BI on an NI thread.. and WW started the mal v Ni contest..(not that I see it as that as I don't think there is mal in them!)

What has jobs got to do with anything??? (I am assuming yours doens't involved spelling hence the rearly thing)

I have to be very honest in my job too..AND??? what difference does that make to owning dogs and knowing dogs have health issues surrounding them???

I am talking about NI in particular..and given that BI are really NI anyway.. I think its all relevant

Funny how you said a few weeks ago
    BUt now according to you I've to shut up!!! make up your mind (and there's that word again!)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I am up for defending myself and answering the posts that you keep posting in reply to me..

WHo is rowing?? I don't see any rows here
  19. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Actually can I ask which he/she you were referring to when you said I was trying to change their mind??

As we have already established that the OP is a liar and has a very bad reputation among the breeds she has or had(as well as videos of dogs being thrown across the room)
  20. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I think British and Northern Inuits are pretty much tarred with the same brush due to all the Mahlek but if the Bi continue there move away from NI the BI will hopefully get there own recognition as defo seem healthier due to the out crossing.
  21. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    And who is OP? to be honest i don`t give a dam what you think and as for my spelling sorry i`m not as perfect as you, but then i never said i was an english teacher did I.
    Come on lets face it yes there are health issues within the inuits, but then arn`t there health issues within other breeds in fact ALL breeds have health issues don`t they?
    And on that note i do have other thing to do so i will bid you goodnight