My British Inuit pup - any other BI owners? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by punkykrista, Jul 12, 2007.

1. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Yes i agree kcjack but then i did get my B.I from a very good breeder in Devon
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    OP is ORIGINAL POSTER!

ANd I don't give a damn what people's jobs are! just cos they have honest jobs doens't mean jack am afraid!! (oh and I am not an English teacher either!)

YES there ARE health issues in every breed..BUT not as bad as the NI..(where have I said there are not health issues in other breeds??)

BUT as there are supposedly 3 breeds in the NI then it stands to reason that anything that affects those 3 breeds will now affect NI.. so each breed only has their own health problems..but NI has 3 dogs worth of problems that the breeders are perpetuating rather than eliminating with indescrimate breeding, bad/missing pedigrees and lack of health testing..

Night..
  4. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Nice to see that you are abiding by the forum rules and not making personal attacks, suppose I shouldn't really be surprised

I believe one of the original breeders has said there is mal in them.

Actually it could mean quite a lot, especially if someone was a geneticist, or a vert, that might mean that they know a tadge more than you.

Given that these two breeds are now on a diverging breeding program, I'd say that they are no longer NIs
  5. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    God I hope you don't hold a responsible job, that sort of logic really scares me. Er how about if you take dogs that don't suffer the health problems of their breed and cross them? Will you not then end up with a new breed that has none of the original breeds problems?
  6. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

Hi thanks, I think he's great. I'm sorry I'm not going to publish my breeders name on the forum as you can probably tell by now anything wolfy type gets a lot of negative posting from a few select members. When you've made a few more posts you'll be able to pm me and I'll be happy to give you the details then.

Cheers
  7. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Hey Efes123,
    Thanks for your support, i like you do not need to publish my breeders name.
    why is it that some people have a problem with our great dogs, i getting so fed up it make me want to just steer clear of this forum and i`m sure this was set up for people who want to talk about their dogs not get into a row everytime a certain breed is mentioned.
  8. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Actually, you might end up with a bunch of crossbreeds that have none of the original breeds' problems - of course they might have other problems which might result from the crossing.
    Anyway, If that had been the case, then the NI/Ute/Bi etc etc etc would not have the health problems they have now. In fact the opposite appears to have been the case and Louise's scenario appears to be the correct one.
    Unfortunately, because of the vagueness, misinformation and plain lies concerning the foundations of the breed(s) no-one will ever know for sure.
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    That wasn't a personal attack..I didn't know if she meant RARELY or REALLY!! and if you notice a few posts from the forum owner picks up on punctuation and spelling:002:

Yeah and after all the other lies we aren't meant to beleive that bit:shock: Like I said...I and other people who know Mals..can't see any in them

Yeah... and it would mean they could spell.. and it would mean they wouldn't need all the NI mess spelled out to them either.. (but that would mean they knew about genetics and animals..doesn't mean anything about honesty!!)

They still came from the same place right up until a short time ago.. damage is done

Yeah actually I do.. and my logic is quite correct unless you being a vert or a geneticist can prove me wrong???

And... what Mick says..:002:
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Welcome back to the "dark side" Efes, nice to know you havent given up the will to live totally. :) ;)
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Didnt K Young breed Efes Dog?
    http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?p=1494442#post1494442
  12. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Oh well that means it must be a fact then if you say so.

Stones and glass houses springs to mind regarding spelling and words in bold above.

Your logic is wrong, as you say it will , not might.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008
  13. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

I think it must be your sparkling personality and wit that brings me back Dawn.
  14. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    True, they might

Mmmm, isn't this a bit contradictory? Either you have the evidence that this is the case, or no-one knows. I was contesting Louise's' statement that they would have problems from all three dogs.

Out of curiosity which problems do you or Louise think came from which breed?
  15. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    HD and Dwarfism i looked it up. Now i`m not saying this is true of all Mals but there is a 13 month old Mal who lives down the road from me and they dare not let it off the lead as it won`t come back, also this is their first dog ever, i would have thought the breeder would have advised them that Mals are not good for first dogs. And before you go into one about limited exercise to protect from HD etc they do let it up and down stairs. Well i would sooner have a dog that enjoys walks and doing what dogs do than having to keep it on a lead .
  16. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    I was talking about mals with HD and Dwarfism havn`t looked up Huskeys yet, but again at training there was a lady with 3 kids who was rehoming the huskey due to it biting the kids and unble to control it, again first time dog owners. AND yes i know GSD suffer from HD as do many of the large breeds but border collies are prone to it to, so Louise stop being so nasty and as you do,n`t own a BI,NI or UTE i suggest you look into problems within your own breed . Oh yes if you could just put my quote on and red pen through my spellings mistakes it would make my life so rich and fullfilled
  17. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Unfortunately both eye problems and hip dysplacia are becoming increasingly common in badly-bred Siberians (ie dogs bred by those who neither hip score nor eye test). If, as I suspect, whatever Siberian(s) were used in the creation of the NI were such badly bred dogs, then the eye problems and hip problems within Siberians could have contributed to NI HD. Having said that, I have seen a few badly bred Malamutes with HD recently, and GSD hip problems are notorious, so it would seem almost impossible for the breed not to suffer from HD.
    Epilepsy is also not unknown within Siberians (although not at all common). No ethical breeder would breed from an epileptic dog/bitch, but again, the puppy farmer/'backyard breeders who churn out badly bred sibes wouldn't care about that.

But that is the point - Louise and I (and others concerned about the state of NIs etc) are well aware of the health problems within our own breeds. That is exactly why we are concerned about health issues within NIs etc. Any "breed" which is created from three (or more???) existing breeds, when those breeds have known health issues within them, is extremely likely to inherit a mishmash of all those problems. Where the problems overlap between all three breeds (like HD), then the likelihood is even greater.
    Also, whereas eye testing and hip scoring have been common practice amongst good Malamute and Sibe breeders for 20+ years, testing in NI's seems to be a fairly recent innovation and a bit half-hearted.

Mick
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    My dogs enjoy their walks and their work..and they do get offlead in ENCLOSED spaces..
    Hd yes...but our mean hip score is lower than the NI which means Mals hips are better on average..

Dwarfism.. not in this country...Don't think I have ever heard of a Mal in the UK with this..

I am not being nasty as you put it..where have I been nasty?? I am telling the truth or stating MY opinion..I am allowed to do that!!

You state this husky biting was their first dog..Have you ever heard the Nature V nurture debate??

There is not any problems in my own breed that worry me..(other than BYB's)
    All the problems in my own breed are out in the open and being dealt with...right down to genetic testing for the long coat gene!!!
  19. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

LOL do you read your own posts??

I spelled it THAT way because you did on the bit I quoted!!!

20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I reckon its more like not getting the answers from elsewhere :002: Still, Dogsey welcomes everyone, even if they slag the site off elsewhere!:002: :001:
  21. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    There's also dwarfism in the GSD but although very rare, I don't know if it's genetic or not (only ever heard of one case)

There's also cancer, anal ferunculosis, HD and thyroid problems too. Again, whether these are genetic (apart from the HD) I'm not sure.