My Bull Terrier keeps biting my feet Behaviour

Discussion in 'Bull Terrier' started by ivymarie07, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ivymarie07

ivymarie07 New Member

Name:
    ivy

My Bull Terrier keeps biting my feet

I have a 2 year old bull terrier who has recently been biting my feet if i ever get too close to his bed or if i place my feet in front of him when he is by the door. I am a bit scared that he will bite me harder the next time. When i tell him no or move my foot he bite a bit harder. At this point I am not sure how to correct it...Please help? :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Danny Stoker

Danny Stoker New Member

Name:
    Danny Stoker
    Oh, those Bull Terriers can be crazy!

I have a 5 year old bull terrier, that I rescued at 2 years of age. She came with a bit of training issues that we had to work through.

I have a couple questions, then a couple suggestions.

Questions, How long has this behavior been going on? Did it gradually occur and it has now reached a point where you have decided it needed to stop, or did it start suddenly? Does he seem like he is guarding something?

Suggestions, He may be trying to tell you something. Try walking him outside. If you don't think it's an outside timer, try placing something he should chew in his mouth when he does it. Like a chew toy that he is allowed to have.

Depending on how or if you have trained your bully, he should know a "No" command and what ever that is in your house, you need to be firm and enforce it.

For my bully, she gets a sharp tug on the collar, with a decisive NO and then goes into a Down-Stay. Though, if your dog has not been trained for this, it will make no sense to him, so what ever you use in your house, to mean, "NO." use it.
  4. ivymarie07

ivymarie07 New Member

Name:
    ivy
    His he has been doing this for about a month now. It started out of now where now day I had stepped close to him bed and he went for my foot. At first I thought he didn’t like me around his bed but then just the last few times I’ve noticed if I try opening the door and he come around if I move my door he bites my foot. When I give him a firm “No” he doesn’t seem to let go and the last few times I’ve pull at his color as well but he seems to want to bite harder and doesn’t like it. I feel like he does guard his bed and blanket now but it all happened out or nowhere. He is has been trained however I always feel like I he can improve since he can be very stubborn at times, I started training him at 6months since. He normally listen but not when I comes to my feet