My ISBT Pictures Photos

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Darren, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Darren

Darren New Member

Name:
    Darren

My ISBT Pictures

My dog Thai bless him has passed away a couple of weeks ago. I have always been interested in the history of the ISBT as i do believe in a true ISBT breed but the subject about pitbulls and ISBT is quite controversial. I am Unsure wether i have a pitbull or an ISBT.

Either way he was a lovely dog and was never aggressive to anyone or any animal, the softest dog ever!

Its the people that exploit these lovely magnificent dogs that should be in prison and never allowed to own an animal.

Please click for larger images
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are your opinions on a dog like this, i know there are many threads but would you say i have a Pitbull or ISBT? He is also from CH Psycho/Ch Stormer lines according to his papers.

Is there any way to find out the validity of the papers i have, he was bought from a reputable breeder for a lot of money at the time and now hes gone i would like to know more about his history.

Rest In Peace Thai
    Comments welcome!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ATD

ATD New Member

Name:
    Anne-Theresa
    Sorry you lost your handsome lad,
    what papers are they?
    ATD x
  4. Darren

Darren New Member

Name:
    Darren
    This is my problem, they are from a Kennel in Liverpool when i got him 10 years ago.

This is what is on the papers, it doesnt matter to me what he is now because he was still the best friend i could ever have i would just like some sort of information on the bloodline wether good or bad.

[​IMG]

i dont even know how to work out the generations or wether the papers are good or bad thats what im here for really.
  5. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    A cracking dog - I'm sure you must miss him terribly.....

Run free, Thai :049:
  6. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    HE was lovely, sorry he is at the bridge.

What kind of papers are they ? KC or what as it doesnt have enough info on that image to say what they are?

Which kennels did you buy him from ?
  7. Darren

Darren New Member

Name:
    Darren
    He was bought from a breeder Called Wills Kennells in Tranmere. The papers are a bit tatty after the years and there is no extra information than the generations sheet i posted. I got him at 8 weeks and he lasted 10 years with me by my side every day, he wouldnt even get out of bed until i did. lol

I have heard that IKC papers are not worth anything anyway because of ISBT not being a registered breed but here is a pic of the front of the papers, they are 10 years old with a picture of Thai's mum. Both Parents are said to be IKC registered with an 'rno' number? This is all i have. I know it says pedigree but cant possibly be but again im not really bothered if he was true breed or not he was still an amazing dog and will never be forgotten. Is there a 'rno' number register or something? i dunno sorry im only beginning to find out this information.

[​IMG]

And a pic of him now. RIP My friend you will never be forgotten.

[​IMG]

Like i said i couldnt care less if all i hear is bad comments, he was a lovely dog and im proud to have given him a great life and proud to have been able to spend the time with him that i did. Im just trying to see if the information matches up to anyone else out there and learn more about the whole history.

I am also looking for a new pup and so any names/advice on GOOD breeders would be most welcome.

Darren

P.S Thankyou all for your kind comments!
  8. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Sorry you lost your boy, he was a handsome lad. It's tricky finding an irish type staff these days from a reputable breeder. One of the problems is that they can be seized as 'type' even if they aren't Pit Bulls. If you are after a Staffie type dog, have you thought about trying a rescue centre? They get loads of Staffs and often puppies.
  9. Darren

Darren New Member

Name:
    Darren
    Thankyou for your kind words. Yes i have thought about getting a rescue dog. I would love to give a Staffie a second chance in life, but i am also looking for a long term best friend plus i have two small children which makes things a little more complicated.

But short answer, yes i would consider a rescue dog but am unsure right now with it being so soon after Thai died.
  10. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Hmmm. Some rescues won't rehome to people with small kids, but some boarding kennels take in strays from the dog warden and will rehome them to families with young kids. There will be a huge influx of Christmas puppies within the next few weeks, if you are after a really young pup.
  11. Mike7

Mike7 New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Hi. Your dog looked a good one. I would not bother what 'type' he was as you obviously loved him, and he was a well behaved dog and that, at the end of the day is all that matters.
    cheers,Mike
  12. AshMan

AshMan New Member

Name:
    AshMan
    Hi it will be very difficult to find credible information on the ISBT lines. but just incase you didnt know CH on the name of its ancestors can mean it was a champ ie won fights.

The stupid, silly, moronic law in this country means that wether he was a "real" ISBT or a pitbull make little difference if the police (who have very limted knowledge on the subject) think it falls into the very vague guidlines set out on the DDA they can make your life hell.

I have a dog that could easily fall into the "type" (and my vet has told me he is) tha has been petted by police on numorous occasions.
  13. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    Hello Darren I have heard of wills kennels and I would say that your dog would of been SIBTC registered as will was running the club at one point.I think he has not got the dogs anymore and there was a lot of bad feeling when they become good friends with the rspca and the club fell apart
  14. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    RIP Thai, So sorry for your Loss Darren.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  15. youngstevie

youngstevie

Lovely Dog....sorry for your loss hun xxxx
  16. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    So sorry for your loss x
  17. MissE

MissE

Name:
    Pat
    I can't help re papers, but wanted to say so sorry for the loss of your much loved dog.
    Adieu, sweet Thai xx
  18. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    hi darren,

just wanted to say that i would definetly go with rescue, not least beacuse many of the current staffie breeders are quite honestly not breeding for the right reasons, not when there are literally thousands dying in rescue all over the country.

I homecheck for staffie rescue and we will rehome to families providing the dog is proven with kids. Puppies come in all the time too.( too often)

Contact your local breed rescue and they will come out and advise you and even homecheck you and keep you on the list for a suitable dog.

:)
    good luck
  19. Toby

Toby New Member

Name:
    Janet
    Smashing dog, you must miss him an awful lot!

Run free Thai
    xx
  20. liverbird

liverbird New Member

Name:
    KAREN
    that's really sad Darren i am sorry for your loss :cry: good luck in finding your new best friend :)

R.I.P Thai :010: