My poorly presa called storm Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Bev paul, Aug 20, 2017.

  1. Bev paul

    Bev paul New Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Name:
    Bev

    My poorly presa called storm

    20170604_081933.jpg 20170809_165552.jpg View attachment 4669 View attachment 4669 Hi everyone, I have a 5 year old rescue presa who has a histiocytoma lump on her chin that needs removing and I need your help if you can, to get it removed and sent of to the lab to be tested is going to cost £600 I'm disabled on benefits and already have a dog registered with pdsa so I can't take her there for treatment as you are only aloud 1 pet for free treatment.
    Her opp is for wed and don't no wat I'm going to do if I don't have the money to pay for her treatment I have managed to get £150 from family but still £450 short is there anyone that can help me get my big girl well again she is a big part of my life and my best friend as I can't get out much. Every little helps, if you can help I have set up a go fund me account my poorly girl storm or you could donate through PayPal. Thanks Bev.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

  3. GsdSlave

    GsdSlave Member

    Likes Received:
    2,715
    Gender:
    Female
    Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sorry to hear about your dog.
    Would your vet not set up a payment plan ?
  4. Bev paul

    Bev paul New Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Name:
    Bev
    No, payment has to be made in full after treatment.
  5. CaroleC

    CaroleC Member

    Likes Received:
    5,031
    Gender:
    Female
    Name:
    Carole
    There is no reason why a histiocytoma should make a dog poorly. These are benign, non painful tumours, and vets will often advise leaving them for at least a while, as they can disappear on their own. My boy had one on his foot as a youngster, and though I did have it removed because I panicked, my vets advise was to 'wait and see'. After hearing of several other Beagles who have had them and they disappeared, I would probably have more faith if it happened again.
    Don't misunderstand, I am not saying you should disregard your vets advice, but I am suggesting that this is neither a painful illness, nor an emergency, so you could postpone, which would give you more time to save up for the op. Check on the descriptions of this tumour for yourself by Googling Histiocytoma.
  6. Bev paul

    Bev paul New Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Name:
    Bev
    I asked hubby but he said it wasn't that but that's wat we thought it looked like, vet said it needs to come of but if she was 3 or under it would be benign but with her being nearly 6 it has a strong chance it could be malignant We have to pay extra to get it sent of to be tested.
  7. Carole

    Carole Global Moderator

    Likes Received:
    157
    Name:
    Carole
    Can you ask to have it aspirated to see exactly what it is?
  8. Bev paul

    Bev paul New Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Name:
    Bev
    She wants to take it straight off asap cos she thinks it cancer
  9. Innocence

    Innocence Member

    Likes Received:
    136
    Gender:
    Female
    Name:
    Jane
    Hello Storm and @Bev paul ,
    I am sorry to hear of this. I don't mean to be a troll, but isn't it violating forum terms and rules to ask for payment?
    Jane
    xx
    P.S. Don't think bad of me. :(
  10. Bev paul

    Bev paul New Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Name:
    Bev
    Doesn't matter anyway, I was at the vets yesterday and told them it would have to stay where it is as I don't have the money for the opp so it's a case of see wat happens.

Share This Page