My Premium Bond number came up! General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

My Premium Bond number came up!

Back in the day when you could buy just one at £1 each, I bought one. A few years later I bought five. And once, just once, decades ago, one of them came up and I won the grand sum of £25. Well, it was a lot of money in those days.

And then I forgot all about them.

This morning Karin popped in on her way to the macolet [she is a young girl who works there a few hours a week] to ask if I wanted anything, took my keys and checked my mailbox, which was stuffed chokka to overflowing, and brought over what seemed like a good few months worth of mail. One of which had a Sunderland return address printed on the back. Sunderland? :017: What or who could it be from Sunderland :017:
    So I had a think and :115:

Could it be?

Is it?

Dare I open it?

Shall I have a look?

So I did and inside was an orangey/yellow slip of paper saying "You've won!" and a cheque! :026:

But :022: by the time my bank converts the £ amount into ₪ and deducts their charge for the transaction, the £25 I have won again will not really be worth very much this time!

I think I might treat myself to another tub of icecream! :044:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Well done! Not bad from a single bond. It will be interesting to see how much there is left after your deductions.
  4. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Ah well, at least you won - if only enough for that tub of ice cream :)