My Presas Photos

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by Kobiashii jackson, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Kobiashii jackson

Kobiashii jackson New Member

Name:
    Kobi

My Presas

20171125_163310.jpg 20171125_163959.jpg 20171125_163310.jpg 20171125_163959.jpg Litter 3 weeks now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    Nice

Attached Files:

4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Lol you could wash them before you stuck Christmas bows to their heads. And the black one has some nicks on his leg and the side of his head. Did his sibling cause those? Also, were there only two puppies? Where's mom? How about relevant health tests? Presa's are known for dysplasia.
  5. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    They are just 3 weeks old. I didn't do the now though. Lol. OFA test are for pups at least 4 month old if u didn't know.
  6. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    And the litter is 8 total
  7. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    They are really rough with each other when playing already.
  8. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Very cute. Please post me photos as you can. I have seriously considered getting a Press Canario.

Been there with my puppies, it happens.
  9. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    Sleep ing at its best. More pics to come. I was also checking to see if anyone else has or had a chocolate color presa. Nearest I've found are in Europe.

Attached Files:

10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    OFA or PennHip tests are for the parents before breeding. In case YOU didn't know.
  11. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    Thought u were ask8ng for the pups
  12. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    More pic to come.

Attached Files:

13. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    4 weeks

Attached Files:

14. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    They are utterly adorable! I think liver is uncommon in Presa? So probably not too many chocolates.
  15. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    It is true. And I've been getting a lot of backlash for having it. Breeders that say I'm not sticking with the breed standard and uniformity. Purebred dogs with a recessive gene that slightly changed nose and coat color. I should cull it out by ( getting rid) of pups with this ( undesirable) color they say. Well I like it.
  16. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Some people are ignorant. I truly think it depends, a mismark associated with a health problem is a bad thing, but liver is fine. It is sad how some people try to sweep them under rug (kill puppies) yet continue to breed the parents (and relatives) who carry the trait and keep killing pups like they never existed. It's senseless.
  17. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    Yes I agree. One guy even told me only 2 or 3 pups live out of his litters because the ones with white markings he (culls). ive never seen many whitout a little white white on them ( small blaze on chest or tips of feet). Why would u want to do that to these wonderful animals that would make someone else a great friend. ?
  18. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    That is horrible in 2017 and senseless. The Press is a guardian and working dog, who gives a %@!$ if they have white on them. Some show standards are strict in some breeds for those breeding for the show ring, but a pet home doesn't matter if it's mismarked.
  19. Kobiashii jackson

Name:
    Kobi
    Exactly right. And the breed standard allws 20% of the dog to be white. I don' get the way some people think. Worst part is they feel they are doing the breed as a whole a favor. That' extrme animal cruelty, at least in my opinion.
  20. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Yes I agree it is cruel and very ridiculous to cull like that. I have heard of this with Rhodesian Ridgebacks as well.
  21. Madk9kennels

Madk9kennels New Member

Name:
    Mattie
    True breeders of Presa do not breed for any breed standards. Of course, they follow the standard, but not nearly as strict as you’d think.

True breeders of Presa actually work their dogs, test their dogs workability before ever producing litters, because Presa are not pets.

Show breeders/pet breeders ruin the breed. White marking are actually very common and have been ruled out by show people, for no logical explanation, long ago.

I think the liver pup is quite odd, I’ve never seen or heard of a liver Presa. I’m curious to see the parents. Though, the color is not a bad thing unless you are only breeding for show.