My pup uncomfortable phase Behaviour

Discussion in 'Bull Terrier' started by Lanna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Lanna

Lanna New Member

Name:
    Lanna

My pup uncomfortable phase

Ever since I adopted my mini bullie Lia she had huge anxiety and uncomfortable while walking on those neck leach. Ever since I got this soft body adjustable harness she's been so much more happier and relaxed. I was so worried and stressed, anyone ever gone through this? Btw heres where I got mine here with free shipping >> https://bullterrierpack.com/products/breathable-dog-harness
    also got a 10% coupon code = 10off

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Have you tried getting the harness off over her head? Or how strong it is if she decides to run fast when on leash or harness? I have had to cut through the neck part more than once because of not being able to get it over the head of my little dog when I needed to change it for washing. She has also torn others of the same mesh harnesses through where the D-ring fits when running out on her tether.

Incidentally, those harnesses are made in China and can be bought for under $3 - postage-free, and they are shown as exactly the same pictures as on your link.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Given the tradename, I thought this post was likely to be an advertisement. I do agree with you Malka, this harness does not look strurdy enough for a muscular puppy being walked outdoors.

Really cute puppy though.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Carole - I had not seen this post until early this morning which is why I had not reported it as an advertisement. Yes, cute puppy, but harness? I think you know of the problems I have had with harnesses for little Tikva and I am so happy to have found a lightweight four-way adjustable with four parachute clips that even I can open harness for her, and NO I will not promote from where I bought it. I am not sure but I think that including postage it was maybe around $10 - it must be comfortable as she wears it 24/7 and apparently it is for a large dog.

I measured and measured and measured her and ordered the smallest, but I still had to adjust if as tight as I could. But it is still loose enough to be comfortable without her being able to break it or walk out of it, as she has done on various others. And there is no way it rubs her armpits.

To be on the safe side I bought another two - different colours of course! :oops:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The big drawback with harnesses seems to be the difficulty in guessing what is a suitable type and size, and the fiddling with the straps to get the safest and most comfortable adjustment. I always used to dread selling harnesses in case the customer asked me if I could fit it for them.
    The only competitive KC activity that allows for the use of a harness is tracking, so for most purposes I still prefer a good quality leather collar collar and lead. Merry does wear an oversized half check collar for her breed shows - it looks like a standard show chain, but will not tighten on her neck.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The number of harnesses I went through when Pereg was growing... do not to think about them all but they all were donated. I thought I was happy with the Ezydog ones but found that the ComfortFlex ones were best for her. But expensive. As were the Ezydog ones, especially as I wanted matching collars. But that is me.

The one Tikva now wears is ideal, which is why I bought two more! It was not that difficult to fit on her but I did have a bit of a fight as she is a right little booga.and needs sitting on at times! Not matching collars but same colour ones.

I really like this style for ease of putting on and Tikki is happy wearing it. It has a soft, shaped chest plate so you only really see the colour when she is doing her Meercat stand up and dance act, but as she has been wearing this [purple with black straps] for a while now, I know how to adjust the straps [also black] on the two new ones - one sort of camouflage navy/light blue and one sort of camo dark/light pink before I have to chance to wash this one. OK I am stupid but I have some sort of narrow bling collars that match...

Something tells me that I am spoiling this horrid little puppy who I love so much. And I do love her so much.
  8. Lanna

Lanna New Member

Name:
    Lanna
    I'm happy im not the only one trying find the best collar for my pup but she seemed just sensitive when not being held and felt dragged but this helped her retain her comfort levels 24/7 during new places as when before she would do a lot of hesitation.

Hehe Malka your not the only one who loves to spoil their pup :)
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I am not a fan of the harness for everyday use, and especially with large powerful dogs You are strapping yourself to the strongest part of the dog and giving them all the power, with little chance of controlling it properly.
    I much prefer a collar’ as I can maintain complete control, no matter how well trained they are, im always conscious of the unexpected.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You are 100% correct Vee, which is why it took me so long to find harnesses for Pereg and the tiddler Tikki. Pereg was not that big at ~22 kilos - maybe a bit more and please do not forget than I need a harness to hoik a dog up as even little 6.800 kg Tikva is for me liks a GSD is for you.

Just a collar would be no good - Tikki will not go out on any of my wheels, so she goes out on a 12 metre tether attached to her harness whenever she wants.

I have no choice.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    During Merry's recent bout of clipper rash, ( the vet had shaved her neck for a blood test), I had to exercise her in her tracking harness. She is a scatty madam, and it was quite a shock on the first day to realise that I had absolutely no steering. I spent the whole walk going, 'Heel, heel', - it was not very relaxing for either of us. The next day I opted for a Halti/harness combination, less freedom but greater control.
    I am sure that a more sophisticated harness would have been better, having more points of attachment, but it did provide me with an eye-opener in appreciating why some people have so much difficulty in managing their dogs.
  12. Lanna

Lanna New Member

Name:
    Lanna
    Indeed especially bullies are strong dogs but my pups only 3 months but the harness been doing great at controlling her for now.

When she gets bigger I just recently bought this one https://bullterrierpack.com/products/quick-control-harnesses Looks awesome and sturdy will keep you guys updated.

I don't know much about computers hope you guys are ok with the link
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @lana - I do not know whether you are advertising that company or not, but I think you are. You can buy those Julius K9 harnesses for less than half that price.

Incidentally, to make things clear, I donated the unwanted harnesses, they were not donated to me.

If you are advertising, which I think you are, that is not permitted on this site.