My Smooth Collie "Chanel" Photos

Discussion in 'Collie (Smooth)' started by CeilidhCollies, May 21, 2016.

1. CeilidhCollies

CeilidhCollies New Member

Name:
    Kilah
    6JRT's, Malka and GsdSlave like this.

My Smooth Collie "Chanel"

Here are some pictures of my American smooth collie Chanel.:p She's an AKC Gold (almost Platinum) Grand Champion and BIS! She has such a sweet temperament and loves to take care of puppies. She'll even fetch sometimes if she feels like it!

2015-09-12_18.46.541.jpg DSCN1550_blur_3.jpg FB_IMG_1450454478323.jpg received_661227283981885.jpeg received_661227377315209.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    She is gorgeous! In my opinion, the Smooth Collie deserves to be a lot more popular than it is. Great to see such sweet pictures of her at home too.
    Could you explain the Grand Champion format for us? Some of us, (like me), in the UK don't know how these titles are gained. It would be good to hear first hand, how much winning is needed for these titles.
  4. CeilidhCollies

CeilidhCollies New Member

Name:
    Kilah
    Thank you!

I'll try, but bear with me as I'm not the best at explaining things. In the AKC there are different tiers to championships, which basically means once your dog has X number of grand champion points they have a new title. Grand champion points are awarded after completing the champion title.

Bronze - 100 Points
    Silver - 200 Points
    Gold - 400 Points
    Platinum - 800 Points

There are even more Platinum tiers but I'm just going to leave it at that...
    Did I even answer your question?:confused: I tried...;)
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What an elegant dog, and lovely to see her standing so beautifully on a slack leash without her pulled up by a tight show leash.

Gorgeous little toddler too! :)
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you, that is very useful. Chanel must have given you some lovely moments along the way. I hope she makes her Platinum title for you.