Myths about the bull breed General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Jenny234, Aug 16, 2004.

1. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    I've always been puzzled at the mechanics behind a dog being able to lock their jaws. How do they do it? Do they have a ratchet system and some kind of internal lever to release it? Or can't they unlock it once locked and are not stuck in perpetuity like a lamprey? :005:

I don't think people who believe that think that deeply into it and just parrot what someone has told them or they've read as gospel.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    :lol: I can believe that as there's a very powerful dog under that shaggy coat. I remeber being at a dog show and talking to a bouvier owner. Her adult female yawned and it was like a flipping tiger's mouth in there! I didn't expect them to have such big jaws for their size.

Dogs you use for that kind of training need to be very biddable and obedient as they are no use otherwise. A lot of pei people say you don't train shar-pei to do protection like that as they enjoy it too much and they'll decide where to bite and when to let go. :lol:
  4. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    Best one I heard was from some Staffie expert in the park, apparantly, Staffie's skulls crack when they are two years old and that's what gives them that distinctive double bump on their heads :lol: . What a balloon.
  5. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    Ooo er! Do you think that's when their jaws develop the magical ability to lock?

The only thing in th park that day with a crack in the skull was the staffie 'expert'.
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    always thought the term 'head splitting' just meant their head is developing the deep line down their forehead as their skull grows out..lol
  7. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    Well that's what I took him to mean initially, but nope, he really thought the skull properly split.
    I don't think me laughing my head off in the park endeared me to the chap either.:lol:
  8. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate
    Well that certainly made me chuckle :)